Things to do within walking distance

jetstorm

I need ideas of things we (two adults and one child) cheaply within walking distance tof the dock. Due to a job loss and a non-refundable cruise we have had to cancel our excursions. We do have our own snorkle gear if there's any place close to do that.

I can use all the ideas you can give.

Thanks.

There is no beach in the downtown area where the ship docks. You can walk around the town which has many shops and restaurants. You can also take the bus for about $2 per person, or a cab for about $10-$15 to Palm or Eagle Beach. Since all beaches are public you can snorkel, swim, etc. Finding a shaddy spot could be challenging as the Palapas or straw huts are reserved for the hotel guests. Along Palm Beach (the high rise section) there are vendors who rent beach chairs for the day.

Sorry for your job loss; hope that the tide changes for the better really soon.

In Aruba, the beaches are public and free; we just took our towels the last time and found a nice spot near a tree on the beach. We spent about 2 1/2 hours enjoying the beach; went back to the ship for lunch; then walked around the town in the afternoon. We always travel with our own water bottles and just fill them up in our cabin before we head to shore.

The bus system is quite inexpensive (I believe around $1.00); here is the link to their website www.arubus.com

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

Thanks to Kathy and ArubaLisa for all the info. you sent my way. I went to the Aruba bus link and it states that a one-way bus ticket is 2.50 Florins I believe it was. Can anyone tell me what the dollar/Florin exchange rate is?

I will take all this info. with me to use on my trip.

Archived