Quick review of a HC inside cabin on NCL Jewel

Lowie

Just thought I'd post a quick review of our HC cabin on the NCL Jewel.

This cabin was pretty far aft, interior, slept up to 4.

the cabin itself is quite large at almost 300 square feet. the door is extra wide, and inside there is plenty of room to move around.

there was no threshhold in the doorway to trip over/get a wheel stuck on, the same for the bathroom. the shower was roll-in and there was a fold down seat in it with an adjustable shower head (with terrific water pressure). there were many hand rails. the sink was extra deep and had a long faucet that reached almost to the edge of the sink. the mirror was adjustable to face downward by turning a knob. there are emergency buttons in the entrance to the cabin, over the toilet and over the head of the bed.

there is a large (queen size?) fold out sofa bed which we had no need for so i don't know if it was comfortable. the bed seemed lower then usual to me, but i'm not sure what would be a useful height for someone who needs a lower bed.

we got that room for my dh who is legally blind. we found that in inside cabins the darkness and small amounts of room to move around make for many bumps and bruises. this room was extremely dark for him, the lighting was totally inadequate. our carnival interior cabin had much better lighting.

i have pictures if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. Please do post your photos of the HC interior cabin on the Jewel. I think I probably have booked the same cabin for a future cruise. I'm wondering if I should pack some stick-up lights from the hardware store. That might help?

Archived