Roadtown Fast Ferry - High Speed Catamaran

Pelirroja

I'm looking for any & all information about this ferry service (the link to their website is http://www.roadtownfastferry.com/). We are in port at St. Thomas for one day and would like to go to Tortola for a dolphin excursion, but the Red Hook ferry is not feasible with our time schedule or distance from dock/port.

Has anyone else used this service? What was the service like? Quoted from their website: "Instead of being forced to detour into St Johns for as much as a 45 minute delay, Road Town Fast Ferry will take you directly from Tortola to St Thomas where there is a US Customs office right at our dock in Charlotte Amalie."

Is this correct, or will I end up missing my ship because of being held up in customs?

Alternatively, other than hiring a private captain to take us there, does anyone have other suggestions as to how to get to Tortola & back on the same day without missing my ship or my dolphin excursion?

Archived