Don't want to book a tour

locoman

Me and my boyfriend are gonna be in St. Thomas for about 8 or 10 hours...don't remember...want to do a lil shopping but mainly go to the beach. Can we just take taxis to go shopping and then get a taxi to the beach? How much will that cost? Also what are people's reviews of Coki?

If you are docked in Havensight you can walk off the ship and shop right there and then take a taxi to the beach.

Havensight to Coki, taxi is $9 per person, one way.

Coki is a very small beach. Pretty shoreline and the water is crystal clear and calm. The area around it is a bit rundown. Its a white sand beach. Good snorkeling and its easy. There isn't much treeline for shade but there is a little and you can rent umbrellas. There are vendors for souvenirs, food, drinks, hair braiding, chairs, umbrellas. Parking isn't good (worth noting if you are renting a car, particularly on a day with a couple or more ships).

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, Magens Bay is the nicest place to go for a laid back beach day at St Thomas. You can easily find a taxi in town to take you there. Sorry, I can't recall the fare. There's a small fee to get in (it's a park) but it's on the order of $3-4 per person - not much. There's lots of sun and shade. The beach is beautiful, the burgers and beer are great, there are always taxis waiting to carry you back to town or to the dock. Can't ask for more! ;)

Archived