valparaiso to buenos aires or the reverse?

debbiern

I am planning on going on the Infinity in March, and recently read a post that advised leaving from Valparaiso instead of Buenos Aires due to some departure taxes that amounted to over $100 or more. Does anyone know about this? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! DEBBIE

I am planning on going on the Infinity in March, and recently read a post that advised leaving from Valparaiso instead of Buenos Aires due to some departure taxes that amounted to over $100 or more. Does anyone know about this? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! DEBBIE
I suspect that this is backwards. Perhaps Argentina has instituted a new departure tax that I am unaware of, but I think it is still US$18. Chile charges a US$100 "reciprocity fee" to US citizen ARRIVING by air [does not apply to land or sea arrivals] into Chile [the US charges Chilean citizens (and most others) US$100 to apply for a US Visa; Chile notes your payment in your passport and you only have to pay it once during the life of your passport (whether your passport has a half a year remaining life or nine and a half is your problem, not Chile's)].

thanks so much for the help. we'll leave from buenos aires!!!!!! debbie

Archived