Jungle River Tubing & Mayan Tombs

midwestsunshine

We'll be in Belize in late January on RCCL and are thinking of doing the ship's excursion for Jungle River Tubing and Mayan Tombs?. Has anyone done this? How different is it from cave tubing?

It looks like there is not as much walking as the cave tubing excursions. Any comments would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I couldn't find any information either, but went ahead and booked and went on the tour a couple of years ago. I loved it!!! Keep in mind the bus trip to and from was a little long. When you arrive, they put you on a big platform aware being pulled by a tractor to get you to the river. Then grab a tube and get in, the river was let's say brisk, but not intolerable. You then simply float along. I pushed ahead a bit as the pack was kind of loud and I was hoping to see more birds and animals. The guides were very helpful. At the end of the float you come up on land where there is unexuvated sorry spelled wrong, temples and a local expert gives you some great history and information. Then you walk a bit, but that was very interesting. The guides point out a lot of birds, bugs, etc. Plus you cut through a Venicia orange grove where you can pick and eat a warm orange, a first for me. At the end you go to lunch and that was wonderful...but I must admit I was dang hungry. All in all a memorable and fun day...go for it. Lydia of Ohio

Archived