Parking information

tejmar

I will be renting cars in Kauai, Big Island and possibly Oahu. We are staying two days in Hilo and two days in Honolulu. Is there any parking near the piers in Hilo and Honolulu? I was thinking of renting a car for both days in both cities and would need a place to park near the ship.

In Kauai we will be renting only for the day and would like to know if there is short term parking near the pier in Nawilliwili if we wanted to get back to the ship for a short while. I would like to also know if there is any short term parking near the piers in Hilo and Honolulu. I there is parking, approximate prices would be appreciated.

Not sure about any parking near the pier in Hilo but there is short term parking at the Aloha Tower complex. Unfortunately there is no overnite parking, BUT last year we asked the attendant if we could park overnite and were told we could. However we did get a note on the windshield telling us the car would be towed if left there again. The cost was $25 for the parking. Short term parking is rather expensive, I think about $5 for about 2 hours, however several of the shops/restaurants in Aloha Tower Marketplace will pay for the parking. I've also been informed that some of the office buildings across from the pier/tower will let you park there overnite for a nominal fee, but we have never done it. Also you should be aware that not all ships dock right at Aloha Tower. We're on the Infinity in Nov and will be docked at pier 2, about 1/4 mile from the tower itself. By going to http://www.hawaiiocean.com and clicking on webcam and then ship schedule, you can determine where your ship will dock.

Archived