Just some ?s about Mariner..

callajl

OK- I have some questions about Mariner that I would love to know.

1- Can you go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch? Is there more than one dining room or is it just 3 floors of 1 dining area? Do they do theme nights and if so, how does 1 dining area change to accomodate the theme?

2- Is there a beverage area on any deck? What deck, hours, and what do they offer?

3- We are in a JS aft- is there a stair case near the aft?

I haven't been on Mariner yet, but we have sailed on the Adventure and Navigator. I have heard that they are all very similar as they are sister ships so I can tell you about what we experienced on them.

1- You could go to breakfast and lunch in the main dining room. If I recall correctly it was only one level that was open and you were seated with others at tables. You can also eat in the Windjammer which is a buffet. There is also room service as well!

2- There were bars on each deck. If you wanted the "free" beverages (ice tea, water, lemonade) they were served in the Windjammer during their normal operating hours. I even brought a big insulated travel mug because I really don't drink soda or alcohol and love ice tea and water. I would either take a few glasses and fill up or the waiter/waitress would even offer to fill it for me.

3- I'm not sure about the answer to your last question. If you go to the RCCL web site maybe they have a lay out of the ship and you could look it up there, or even give them a call and maybe they would have that information.

I hope this helps a little, and have a great cruise!

There are also cold and hot free beverages at the Promenade Cafe. As for stairs in the aft, you can't use them, it is crew only. You have to walk all the way to the middle to get to the closest stairs. Just make sure you remember everything when you leave your room, the walk back can be a real pain.

There are 13 or 14 bars on the ship, if you can't find one it will find you, Waiters traveling the decks with drinks.

As far as elevators and stairs go there are 4 huge stair cases 1 in each corner of the ship near the elevator banks. Try all of them as the art work on each staircase is really nice. The fwd port staircase is automotive art, really cool stuff.

Have a great trip

Craig

There are staircases by the stern cabins, but they are marked for the crew/emergency use only - and they look like it, too. I used this one during the lifeboat drill one time (hey, I had to make sure it worked!) and I avoided the gridlock of the main staircases both before and after the drill.

You'll have to walk to the rear centrum for a normal passenger staircase. Think of it as good exercise.

Archived