dune buggy through Carnival?

hlb76

I'm trying to plan our excursions for our trip in Jan. I am interested in the dune buggies. Anyone had any experience booking through Carnival. I have read a lot of review and not too much through CCL on here. And what I found is quite old. So any current info would help me out.

Are there private companies which you can book through for the same thing? I have not seen anything yet in my searching so am guessing no. I like to book privately I feel i get a better grade of service and price. But if I do not have an option I will happily book through the ship.

I'm trying to plan our excursions for our trip in Jan. I am interested in the dune buggies. Anyone had any experience booking through Carnival. I have read a lot of review and not too much through CCL on here. And what I found is quite old. So any current info would help me out.

Are there private companies which you can book through for the same thing? I have not seen anything yet in my searching so am guessing no. I like to book privately I feel i get a better grade of service and price. But if I do not have an option I will happily book through the ship.

Hi Heather... I will be leaving on my cruise in just a week. I booked this excursion through Carnival for my husband and I. I will let you know how things worked out when we get back. Until then...

Julie

The Dune Buggy excursion can only be booked with the cruise line. I suggest booking early, it's one of the first excursions to sell out. We did it and had a GREAT time. The buggies are at the pier (no buses). You spend some time on bad bumpy dirt roads with pot holes, mud and puddles. We stopped and climbed a small hill for sight seeing (they provided bottled water). Then traveled along the paved roads to the light house on the other side of the island. You see allot of wild horses, cows and donkeys running lose on the side of the road. They left obstacles to avoid (if you know what I mean). It was a great way to see the island. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Hint: Stop by Staples or Office Depot and pick up a couple of those "metal binder clips". Every time you hit a bump the seat belt gets tighter. Pull the seat belt out and clamp it so it will not go back in.

Also bring a small rag to wipe the dirt and mud (and poop:eek: :D) off the face mask. It can get very muddy and difficult to see.

Have FUN!!

• 1 month later...

LOVED THIS EXCURSION!!!!!! Make sure to use a disposable camera or some sort of protection on your good camera if you want to take pictures while you are riding in the buggy. As soon as I took mine out to get a picture, DH splashed through a huge puddle and my zoom lense is still full of dirt!

honeymoon067.jpg

honeymoon070.jpg

honeymoon071.jpg

honeymoon079.jpg

honeymoon076.jpg

honeymoon080.jpg

FYI - I've been looking to book this excursion online for over a month since I want to do this on my April cruise but's wasn't showing up online. I finally called the Carnival shore excursion line and was told that their contract with the Co. that owns the excursion expires a few days before our 4/26 sailing, so it won't be available online, and we'll need to book it once on board.

Has anyone out there sailing on or after 4/26 been was able to book it?

We paid $99 a person when we booked it, will be on it two weeks. Now the Carnival Site shows $101 a person. Go figure.

Google Chukka Caribbean Adventures. They're the ones who run it, and there's a lot of pictures and stuff. At the time I booked, at least, you could not book this on line with them, all the excursions were through cruise lines.

Archived