Budget Office in Long Beach to San Pedro

SweetEmi

How far is it from the Budget office in Long Beach (249 EAST OCEAN BOULEVARD #104 - LG2) to the dock? And any idea on the cost for a cab?

I reserved a car and since I'm not very familiar with the area, I picked that office as the drop off because I thought it was the closest. Was I right?? And I wanted to know how much it is going to cost me to get to the ship.

Thanks! I think they should have a Ports of Call board for Southern CA....(IMHO)

Emi

Emi-

I'm glad you're doing all the leg work for me! I am planning to rent a car at LAX and want to return it near the port the next morning. I saw a thread awhile ago that mentioned on of the rental agencies would drive you to the pier but, of course, now can't find it:confused: I am also starting the search for hotels, hubby lived in SoCal for 10 years and doesn't like any of the areas I am suggesting- I am looking forward to your review of your rental car and hotel experience- i still have plenty of time.

I'm doing the opposite. Picking up a car (Hertz; no shuttle pick up, but if you take a cab, they will reimbuurse up to $5. for cabfare) & returning to LAX. Hertz is a few dollars more than average, but I'm using points. We're staying at the Sheraton San Pedro, (they have a shuttle pick-up). I'll post in a few weeks.

I got this information from a woman who works for the Sheraton. Enterprise has a desk there at the Sheraton at San Pedro. I never did pursue it though regarding dropping off cars there.

"The direct number for the Enterprise office in San Pedro is 310-548-8060.

Hope they can help you!

Linda Knaust"

Emi

• 4 weeks later...

Emi/Karen... try calling the rental places & check if they have shuttle pick up. We saw many shuttles there; some hotels, & many private. It's like the airport, tho one level. A drop off lane & walk across the first lane & then there's the pick up lane. You just hail down whatever pick up sevice you have.

btw if you like fresh fish/seafood you have to go to port of call. Its in walking distance of the Shearaton. It a seafood market with at least a dozen or more places. Fresh seafood & some places will cook it for you as you like. Some prepare it for no charge & others for $1.00. It's almost all seafood. I think there was one Mexican place & one pizza. There's outdoor seating next to the water (lot's of pidgeons & seagulls :( ), We had some fried oysters (very lightly floured served on the half shell $9.00) & a boiled/steamed dungeness crab ($9.95 per lb). It was absolutely the best crab I ever had... sorry sf.. better than the wharf's. Most places had "Shrimp Fajitas" massive amounts of shrimp, onionis, peppers & ????? Looked like that was a very popular dish. Also, there's strolling gutar players to entertain the crowd.

There really isn't much else there, so if your not into seafood or sitting with a cold one dockside, there's not much else there.

Have fun!!!

How far is it from the Budget office in Long Beach (249 EAST OCEAN BOULEVARD #104 - LG2) to the dock? And any idea on the cost for a cab?

I reserved a car and since I'm not very familiar with the area, I picked that office as the drop off because I thought it was the closest. Was I right?? And I wanted to know how much it is going to cost me to get to the ship.

Thanks! I think they should have a Ports of Call board for Southern CA....(IMHO)

Emi

Emi--Call their office. I think they will pick you up. They picked us up in May. It took a little while to wait b/c they filled the shuttle the first time and had to drop all those folks off and then come back for us but it was worth it. The manager at the time was Anthony. He was very very nice. Call him and ask.

Emi I would definitely call them. They were so easy to work with when I took my trip. I was travelling alone with my four yr old DS and was worried about making connections. They were very pleasant. However it does get a little crazy because their office is very small both in space and employees. Luckily I had spoken with Anthony a few times prior to getting the car so he really helped me out. Just call and ask them if the shuttle will take you to the pier after drop off. I'm betting they say sure.

Emi, I'm doing the same thing you are. Our family is flying in a couple of days early to see L.A., so I'm planning a pick-up at LAX. We're then staying at Venice Beach (We have two kids who are psyched about that.), and then the morning of the cruise, I'm planning on dropping the car back at Long Beach. I had planned on grabbing a cab from there, but a free shuttle would REALLY be great! Let me know what you find out. Cheryl :)

Since I'll already be at the Sheraton, I'll ask when I check in. I'm still not sure exactly when I'll be dropping off the car, maybe something the afternoon before the cruise or perhaps the morning of the cruise.

Emi

If your cruise ship departs from the Los Angeles port, that will be in San Pedro, not Long Beach. Enterprise Car Rental is the only one that has a drop-off in San Pedro, at the Sheraton Hotel. You can then use the shuttle to get to the pier.

Archived