Britannia restaurant - upper or lower

cosmic

Hi Mike and Vera, we were sitting in the upper part of the Britannia on our TA crossing in October and it was fab...a great view over the balcony and able to see all going on in the lower section of the restaurant. Next time I would like to sit down in the lower part...but wherever you are seated the food is fabulous...waiters are very attentive and you will love it to bits......enjoy.

Hilary

Hi Mike and Vera, we were sitting in the upper part of the Britannia on our TA crossing in October and it was fab...a great view over the balcony and able to see all going on in the lower section of the restaurant. Next time I would like to sit down in the lower part...but wherever you are seated the food is fabulous...waiters are very attentive and you will love it to bits......enjoy.

Hilary

I agree 100% with this, we have sat in the lower and upper sections, I prefer the upper as you see much more around you as you see across and up/down, some of the lower are hidden under the upper floors.

the best tables are near the windows, nothing better than to eat and look at the sea , we found the dinner would take around 2 to 2.20 mins to eat,chat,eat, lol.

wonderful food, wonderful service.

rob

We have done 5 QM2 sailings and always opted for Upper and table for two. Once our table for two was actually a table for four and we were one seat away from the window. Frankly, the window does not offer much to sea heh heh heh. The fun is really in the people watching near the balcony. We will return December 2008 after we take the Queen Victoria around the world January 2008. Can't wait.

we are just back from the 10th nov QM2 cruise we were seated on the lefthand side balcony and found it very cold...especially when folks started to leave and the doors got opened, had to ask several nightd for the doors to be closed.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from QM 2 cruise on Nov 30. We had Table 80 on the first floor right underneath the big tapestry. We had a gorgeous view of color glass ceiling etc. I don’t there table for 2 near the windows. During breakfast lunch we sat at table for 2 on 2nd and 3rd level. Most of those tables no where near the windows

just returned from 20/11/07 cruise, we ate upsatirs and service was very slow as has been described in a previous thread, however the food was good but could have been hotter, i think i would have preferred to be downstairs as we felt a little out on a limb.

As an aside, make sure you book a table in Kings court for the a l carte menus in Lotus, carvery or Italian, the food was excellent and the way they cordoned off the restaurant made it feel more like a private dining area.

The waiting staff were also very attentive as they use these dining areas for the white star training.

just returned from 20/11/07 cruise, we ate upsatirs and service was very slow as has been described in a previous thread, however the food was good but could have been hotter, i think i would have preferred to be downstairs as we felt a little out on a limb.

As an aside, make sure you book a table in Kings court for the a l carte menus in Lotus, carvery or Italian, the food was excellent and the way they cordoned off the restaurant made it feel more like a private dining area.

The waiting staff were also very attentive as they use these dining areas for the white star training.

Thank you David... very interesting and useful information for the Kings Court evening dining:)

Can't speak as to the benefits of the lower, but we had upper next to internal balcony railing, second seating, June trans Atlantic. It was great. The dimming of the natural light over the course of the meal was lovely.

And after reading about the so-so food and service in Brittania, we were pleasantly surprised. But then, my explanation to friends was it was a good place to eat if you like red meat in brown sauces. That's not to say other selections were not good, just a reflection on my ordering habits.

we had a table for 4 right at the bottom of the main stairs on the lower level and LOVED the position, just tucked out of the way so no through traffic, but right in the thick of things and able to see everyone as they entered the dining room. our waiter (Manuel from Portugal) was also great, lots of fun but very professional.

Archived