Christmas Decorations

loadsofpanache

When is the ship decorated for Christmas, is there a big tree. Tell me all the details :)

I love to decorate for christmas and I'm hoping for some inspiration.

Do they decorate the ship after Thanksgiving in the American Tradition or a week before Christmas more in keeping with the British Tradition.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Hi Loadsofpanache, love your name!

I've been on the QE2 twice over the Christmas period and once on the 15th December and the ship was decorated with Christmas trees and decorations.

She didn't seem to have just one tree, generally lots of very nicely decorated trees, which gave me inspiration to hang a few more baubles on my own tree, in most of the bars! I've not been on the QM2 before/during Christmas, so they might have one big tree?

Enjoy!

Karen

When is the ship decorated for Christmas, is there a big tree. Tell me all the details :)

I love to decorate for christmas and I'm hoping for some inspiration.

Do they decorate the ship after Thanksgiving in the American Tradition or a week before Christmas more in keeping with the British Tradition.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

they start decorating the firstweek in december but it is not fully decorated utill after the 15th of the month or so . And it is our opinion that the QE2 was always decorated nicer than the QM2

You will love it. There are several trees but the main one next the grand stair case was perhaps the most elegant. Christmas Eve we all stood about and sang carols. It was a wonderful international experience with crew and guests singing along. We spent our first Christmas in St. Thomas 43 years ago and we took along a little (3 in high) plastic Christmas tree for our hotel room. Last year it went for the ride with us. Some guests hung wreaths on their stateroom doors. We do not go that far. Santa even left us a lovely Queen Maryish gift so don't be surprised if he finds you where ever you are. The main stair case was draped in garland. You will be up to your Christmas in decoration and enjoy it all. Have a great sail. No Queen Mary this year we are doing Queen Victoria on Jan. 13 but back to Queen Mary in Dec 2008 for Christmas and New Years.

Archived