English Gentlebear's Outfitters

Bluey on QE2

I'm seeking an English Gentlebear's outfitter.

I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone offer assistance to a bear who would like to keep up with Cunard's dress code?

Bluey

Bluey, I am reliably informed that there is often a themed Winnie the Pooh Ball. Your special friend could go as Eeyore.

Sir Martin

Notwithstanding the fact that thread drift is only permitted at post ten and onwards, I don't think serf Martin could go as Tigger. Tigger was appealing.

Matthew

However, you would have to concede that no costume would be required since it is already orange. Perhaps a few black (preferably toxic) painted stripes would suffice.

David

Can anyone offer assistance to a bear who would like to keep up with Cunard's dress code?

Bluey - I think you're worrying far too much:eek: Although your charge is very concerned with his appearance I don't think you need to be about yours. Bears in the wild do not wear clothes so any form of apparel will make suitable formal wear for you in the QG. I did ask Pip what he was intending to wear on formal nights (he'll probably stay in the cabin during dinner and possibly venture out for a breath of fresh air before bed) and got the reply that his dress fur would be more than sufficient (after some mumbling about Hawaiian bow ties!).

Relax - a crossing is fun. Let Matthew and Kirsten worry about what they're going to wear - you just concern yourself with having a good time:)

I'm seeking an English Gentlebear's outfitter.

I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone offer assistance to a bear who would like to keep up with Cunard's dress code?

Bluey[/quote

Dearest Bluey.

Hope I can help. I'm a very old yorky, probably your size & have lots of fab outfits!I even have some that belonged to my brother & sister cats! Maybe I could act as your personal dresser?

Kind regards,

Bruno

Bluey, I am reliably informed that there is often a themed Winnie the Pooh Ball. Your special friend could go as Eeyore.

Sir Martin

Suitcase is packed. Ready to board. (Bears don't wear pants, silly! Does a bear umm, umm, sleep in the woods?)

Got my friend the Eeyore Valentine Angel with me.

I also have an aviator outfit, complete with white scarf and black leather cap. also a motorcycle jacket.

Over here, Joann's Etc (fabric and craft store.) Try any craft store, Places for Build-a-bear workshops. And talk to your tailor! He may just have something or know where to get something. Sometimes they have them as advertising gimmicks.

Also try upscale pet stores- where people go to pamper their pets. find one for a smaller dog (such as a shihtzu or yorkie)

Good luck. We want pictures!

Karie

PB240611.jpg.b829d6c2beed10e471279478941cfe4c.jpg

Bluey - I think you're worrying far too much:eek: Although your charge is very concerned with his appearance I don't think you need to be about yours. Bears in the wild do not wear clothes so any form of apparel will make suitable formal wear for you in the QG.

Humans in the wild do not wear clothes either, but I think they require formal wear for them in QG, (and even in the Muaratania, believe it or not!)

Humans in the wild do not wear clothes either

Yes but you're talking about the wild in Australia. They do very funny things down there! In the civilised parts of the world you wouldn't dream on going anywhere if not properly dressed:p

We have a 'Bear Factory' in our local shopping centre - I was bought a plush pig in a tutu a few years ago (not an insult - I was\am into pigs:D) - as the clothes are available separately, they might do a tux.

So I had a look for you - it seems their website is American, but it is cheap!

I found

Mr. Lovington is dressed in a black tuxedo ready to meet his bride! 10" tall.
for you for $12.95 (+p+p?)

http://bearfactory.com/ecomadmin-cart/cart.php?action=viewitemdetails&itemid=556

So suggest, you 'invite' him round for a chat, and borrow his suit.

(You might have to invite his bride as well, just so that nobody reports that he is missing;) - though she is a bit more expensive)

So still looking for the UK version, I found

http://www.bearstores.co.uk/

UK suppliers of Teddy Bear Clothes to fit all makes of popular high street teddy bears.

I see PJs, a Santa outfit, bunny slippers (:D), a wedding dress, & finally a Tux (though I suspect Matthew might not approve of the red bits on one of them) - you could go with the kilt

http://www.bearstores.co.uk/acatalog/Bear_Factory_Compatible_Special_Occasions.html

personally I'm quite keen on the orange confection.

There is a country gents outfit

http://www.bearstores.co.uk/acatalog/Bear_Factory_Compatible_Dressing_Up.html

(it does seem they are sizist - I can only find clothes to fit 13-15 inch bears - what size are you? I can't remember if you said)

Oh and Annette, they do sell a life ring, if Spencer is interested

http://www.bearstores.co.uk/acatalog/Bear_Factory_Compatible_Swim_Wear.html

Karen

ok

so i double posted :(

CC did warn me

This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to that thread.[/unquote]

- but it was doing the not changing page business again - there was no sign of my original post last time i looked :(

Karen, if you don't go and pack NOW I shall summons Cruachan and get him to set up his automatic reminder service for you.

Trust me, it's extraordinarily annoying. Bit like me really:).

Sir Martin

but packing's boring:(

and hardwork:(

and I've got to do all that IRONING first:eek: :(

Bluey, an addendum, make sure anything you purchase is either drycleanable or non wrinkle ;)

Archived