Port Schedule-# of Ships in Port

FRE23

Is there a site anyone know of which lists the ships docking in the Carribean Ports during the month of December. I found one for St. Martin which lists at least five ships=12,000+ passengers in port December 12, the day our ship docks. No mention was made of Windsurf even though it is a regular stop on Windsurf's itinerary.

I know there is a French and Dutch side of the island, but quite a lot of people for one day? How would you recommend staying away from the crowds, other than the obvious. "Don't leave the ship".

I agree with kal, there will be a lot of people, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you're on one of those giant tour busses (like a Greyhound with 60 or so passengers) that fill up completely and then clog every observation point around the island on days like this.

Front Street shopping in Philipsburg will be hustling, as well. Marigot should be fine, but if you're looking for a primo spot at the beach, then earlier would be better than later.

Try to imagine 9 ships.

th_9ships.jpg

If you're on the Windsurf, you're likely to make Port Call at Marigot, French-Side Capitol. That's probably why your ship doesn't show up in the Cruise Calendar website listings. When it gets close, I always check the Official Port of St. Maarten website for schedules, but they don't cover Marigot at all.

gary

p.s. Off the record, on days with tons of people like this, things have been known to get quite interesting down on the Club Orient section of the beach, especially later in the day. Get there early for a good seat (perhaps at Pedro's chairs) if you are at all interested.

Archived