Dolphin, Royal Swim and Children

GrimesFamily

My wife and I are taking our first cruise in February of '08. We'll be on the "Jewel".

In Cozumel, I'm considering the Royal Dolphin swim, but have a concern. My kids are 6 and 8. They are very well behaved, good swimmers, and are already looking for ward to this...but

Does anyone know if the "card" children? If my wife and I ALSO pay for the Royal swim (ouch$$$) do you think the kids will be allowed?

Thanks in advance?

You should call dolphin discovery and ask them directly. The requirement is 8 years old AND 4 feet tall. I think they are more concerned with the 4 feet tall part since you are brought to an area where you must stand in the water on a metal plank. The water moves you quite a bit and standing still is sometimes quite a challenge. ( ok it was a challenge for me because I am only 4 feet 10 inches ) You will also have to book directly with dolphin discovery ... I dont think any of the cruise lines allow kids under 12 to participate ( and they DO know your kids ages). But to be safe... call them and ask them what you should do.

I am pretty sure that they younger kids can do the dolphin encounter.. which means one adult will have to do this one with the younger child.

I just did the Royal swim in PV a few weeks ago. What an incredible experience.

You have to keep in mind that they have insurance to deal with so they must follow the rules. I think, no matter that they are good swimmers, their size won't be good at that age. With the Royal Swim, the inaction of the dolphins with foot push and dorsel pull may be too powerful for the kids.

The one a step down will still allow your kids to enjoy time with the dolphins. They will get to pet them, receive the kiss, fin/handshake, and several other little games.

I forgot to add in my other post that we did the royal swim this past february with our 8 year old son. He loved it!!! He was able to do the dorsal pull and superman push.... you just have to be able to swim out a ways to meet up with the dolphins to do these 2 things.

Archived