AC Power on the Gem

Hblanton

Hi all. I will be sailing from Barcelona to Boston on the Gem on Dec 3. I am taking my laptop, but unfortunately I broke the screen. As a result, I bought a flat screen monitor here in Barcelona.

Does anyone know what the power situation on the Gem is like, specifically in the minisuites on deck 11? Do they just have US power, or both US and Europe? And is there more than one outlet? I'll need to plug in my computer and monitor at the same time, so I'm trying to figure out if I shoudl buy a power strip, and if I need to have it be configured for US or European outlets.

Thanks in advance for any answers to this esoterique question.

HLYB

Since I'm in eurpope if its US standard only I need a powerstrip, plus a europe to us adaptor.

HLYB

Just got off the Gem from a mini-suite on deck 11 (11020). There were 2 3-prong US outlets on the desk as well as one European outlet. We kept the coffee maker plugged into one, and a travel power strip into the other.

Thanks for the response. This is exactly the kind of hard to find, specific info you so dearly need but is so hard to find of boards like this. So, with 3 US plugs, and one europene plug, I am good to go. Plug my Europene monitor into that that outet, my PC into one of the US outlets, and I can still make coffee.

I love it!

Do you know if they have a European outlet in the bathroom? I have a European hair dryer I will be using while I'm there visiting family - just trying to see if I need to bring my US dryer also. I realize they usually have hair dryers there - but the one I use is a drying brush which is different. Thanks.

Archived