Miami Cheap Hotel v FLL?

Aerobic1

We are cruising out of MIA on 2/24 on the Valor. Anybody know of a cheap hotel that includes free or inexpensive shuttles from the airport to the hotel or the hotel to the port?

OR is it cheaper to fly into FLL (Ft Lauderdale) and stay there and take a shuttle or taxi? We have 12 of us for what its worth. Just trying to either get a cheap hotel near the airport the day before or one that offers inexpensive shuttle service--although we're open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, your sailing date in February comes right in the middle of the very highest season of the whole year...February. You won't likely find cheap anywhere in Miami or FLL, other than motel class accommodations. Hotels nearer to the airport will likely be cheaper than those near the port, downtown or the beaches, but the ammenities such as restaurants within walking distance, are limited in the airport area. Even there, cheap is probably going to be in the $150 - $175 range. I was in Miami in February 2006 and best I could find was a hotel in Hialeah for $160/night.

I don't know of anyone that has a free shuttle to the port, but I seem to recall that another member posted that he/she found one of the airport hotels willing to do so. You'd have to search for that or perhaps someone will speak up who remembers that.

I've had decent results using www.sidestep.com as a search engine.

Archived