I'm a C & A memeber now, now what?....

FMCowboy

So does anyone have examples of what I can expect for cruise discounts or deals now that I am a member with 1 cruise under my belt? Do you get good cruise deals, any better than just using an online discount travel agent? What deals have you rec'd as a new member?

We are interested in booking our second cruise, but should we wait until we see what Crown & Anchor sends us?

thx

FM

TA' s online or otherwise are not allowed to discount RCCL cruises so you will get the same price no matter where you book. Keep an eye on the coupons in the "special offers" section in the Crown and Anchor portion of the website. You don't get much at gold level, the better discounts like balcony discounts, etc kick in when you reach Platinum at 5 points.

You do get On Board Credit when you book a cruise while on a cruise so that is something to keep in mind for next time. The amount of OBC depends on the length of the cruise.

now you are gold level - crown and anchor can be accessed online at the rci website - after you sign in and register with your c and a # you can access the coupons out there for some sailings- these are good til dec 31 2007- after that new coupons will come out for some other sailings- on the rci site there are also hot deals - they have sales events on tuesdays and promowaves are every so often- read the boards and someone will post a link to those- welcome to the addiction!

You will recieve discount coupon books (the discounts for onboard activities get better as you move up the ladder)

You get invited to the C & A reception

You get to pay homage to the Diamond Plus folks who truly believe they actually own the ship. ( I am kidding about this one...but they act that way)

There are certain things you can do to help get your membership level to the next level where you have better benefits. Obviously taking cruises will help, but the length of the cruise and the stateroom will get you extra credits. If you book a suite you receive an extra credit, if you book a cruise in excess of(I think) 12 days you receive an extra credit. Therefore a suite on a 12 day cruise is worth 3 credits and now you are only 1 credit away from the next level.

Archived