Cost of Internet Cafe

vesw01

From Carnivals Site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Internet Cafe Price List

Charges for the following services will be billed directly to guest's Sail and Sign Account as follows:

A one time activation fee is $3.95.

To obtain a temporary account while on board, the set-up charge is $3.95.

To print information, the charge is $.50-per page.

To utilize the service of the Internet Cafe, whether using a private workstation, renting a laptop or using the guest's personal laptop, the charge is:

$.75-per minute.

Block of Minutes (no refund for unused minutes):

3, 4 or 5 Day Cruise

30 minutes for $16.50 (.55 per minute).

60 minutes for $24.00 (.40 per minute).

7 Day Cruise or Longer

100 minutes for $55.00 (.55 per minute).

250 minutes for $100.00 (.40 per minute).

To rent a Wireless Internet Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day. To rent a Laptop, the charge is $35.00 per day; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.

Sea:

Thanks for the info.

One more question re wireless: my laptop has wireless built in, i.e I do not need a wireless card. Is it still $10 per day similar to other places which offer wireless access (airport lounges fo example.)? Or would I be able to simply access via the built-in capabilities.

I think I know the answer, but any info would be great.

Thanks

CTMak

Or would I be able to simply access via the built-in capabilities.

I think I know the answer, but any info would be great.

Thanks

CTMak

You'll be fine. The cards are for laptops that do not have wireless capabilities built in.

Don't overlook checking into the availability of internet access in your ports. For example, at Puerto Aventuras (near PdC/Calica), there is an internet cafe with access for $1.50 an hour. Big savings over a shipboard connection. I'm sure other areas have similar facilities.

I plan on taking my laptop too. I'll compose messages while off-line and just logon to send outgoing messages and download the messages in my inbox. I can always read them later -- once the messages are downloaded, they can be read anytime (without using connectivity).

Wireless with my notebook worked great on Spirit recently. If you have POP mail, it is great to download, turn off the connection, deal with mail, then log back on to send it. Saves lots of those expensive minutes.

System worked most of the time, even when the cafe is not staffed. My wireless card worked fine, even though it has been flaky at home and office from time to time. Remember your power charger. Murphy will arrive just as you get hooked up and turn off your computer.

We took ours to listen to music and watch DVDs when we were bored, or should I say wanted a change of pace. We watched West Wing in cabin while eating lunch.

Archived