Fatima

Hi

we arrive in Lisbon on the Zuiderdam and are looking at a Full Day private tour to Fatima for 7 or 8 people .

Have checked a number of sites but thought there may be local Tour Guide which CC members use.

• 3 weeks later...

These are the two sites I came across from reading the boards for Lisbon, http://www.sunnytours-pt.com and http://www.toursforyou.pt. Contact them and see what they can offer. You only need a driver to take you to Fatima for once inside there will be an information desk and you will be able to get all the information you like about the place. I think you can see more than just Fatima in a day unless that is what you want.

Happy cruising.

I agree with the previous posting.

If you are going to Fatima for a religious pilgrimage, fine. If you are going to see it as an attraction you will be disappointed or at least have seen everything in 30 minutes maximum. There are lots of options of what to see and do in that direction, so discuss this with the company you choose.

No recommendations regarding a driver/tour company. The one we used (last year when we were in Lisbon for a week) was ok.. not especially good or bad. Also, there were only four of us.

Paul

Just some second hand information from other passengers on my recent cruise who took the ships excursion to Fatima:

They were deeply impressed. The bus ride was quite long (more than two hours each way) thus they had only about three hours at Fatima. Although they could have easily spent more time there, every minute was worth the visit. They had the chance to attend mass and got a good mixture of guided information and private time. In their opinion one of the cruises highlights.

Archived