Will my balcony...

parrotthead

:D Just got back on Friday from the Ecstasy. You wont believe it!

We booked an oceanview and were upgraded to the famed Aft UnderWater Balcony!!!:cool:

The view was fantastic!! I got a great picture of it !!:)

What do ya think>>?

:p

LMFAO!!! U MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!!! SOOOO FUNNY!

GREAT THREAD!:p

ARE U SERIOUS????? I NEVER KNEW THEY HAD BALCONIES BELOW THE WATER!!! COOL, I'M CALLING TO DOWNGRADE MY BALCONY CABIN RIGHT NOW!!!!

you know they are very limited...call early, call often ;)

PARROTTHEAD, YOU ARE A GENIUS! :D

{blushing}

Awww, shucks. ;)

I remeber this thread from way back...it's still funny, even after two reads.

PH - in your sig. there is a comment about a cancelled cruise due to someONE elses stupidity - what happened? Been curious for a long time, but was actually afraid to ask the first time.

I remeber this thread from way back...it's still funny, even after two reads.

PH - in your sig. there is a comment about a cancelled cruise due to someONE elses stupidity - what happened? Been curious for a long time, but was actually afraid to ask the first time.

2 runs and it is still alive and kicking! (actually someone I met on the Ecstasy asked me if I was parrotthead and then asked if I was 'the underwater balcony parrotthead') so I figured it was time to revive it, esp since I got such great pics of it.

;)

~Oh and, I am sorry, but my good upbringing prohibits me from publicly going into the hateful, petty and discrimatory actions of this ONE person who clearly needs to get a life~

Just called CCL to see about an underwater balcony and you know what they told me....that those select cabins are only available if one of the passangers is named either Kandy or Doreen. Damn!! as our parents named us Kim and Joe i guess that means no underwater balcony. Maybe I'll call back and speak to someone else and see how that goes.

Kandy - glad to hear you have a good upbringing. I wasn't trying to be rude. I have many friends that face discrimination all the time based on lifestyle "choices" and it really makes me mad. We are all entitled to love and happiness without reguard (in most cases) to where we find it. Congratulations for finding yours.

~Kim

Just called CCL to see about an underwater balcony and you know what they told me....that those select cabins are only available if one of the passangers is named either Kandy or Doreen. Damn!! as our parents named us Kim and Joe i guess that means no underwater balcony. Maybe I'll call back and speak to someone else and see how that goes.

Kandy - glad to hear you have a good upbringing. I wasn't trying to be rude. I have many friends that face discrimination all the time based on lifestyle "choices" and it really makes me mad. We are all entitled to love and happiness without reguard (in most cases) to where we find it. Congratulations for finding yours.

~Kim

{Hugging Kim}

Thanks Kim, I did not think you were being rude. No worries, there is just so much hate and lies being spouted by this person that I choose not to add to it.

I will see what I can do to get you on that UWB list.:p ;)

I was really impressed with this cabin until I tried to use my phone on the balcony. 0 bars, I had no signal. So if you expect important calls on your cell phone, don't get this cabin.

Another tip, bring shark repellent.( Don't ask)

Good point about the cell reception, but, you can use your walkietalkies if you secure them in a 2 gallon ziplock, works like a charm.

Ohhh, sorry to hear about the shark 'incident'...did the cabin steward not put the sample bag in your bathroom?

Thanks Kandy waiting patiently to hear I made the list.

I'm actively boycoting businesses and countries that do not respect the "choices" of my friends. We haven't been to Jamacia in a couple of years b/c of their policy regarding homosexuality. In fact the only reason I am going to the Bahamas is because DS (14) asked to go to Atlantis for his birthday - he has special needs, and wouldn't understand why we shouldn't go and if he did 'get it' he would be extremely upset. His godfather and his husband - they were legally married a few months ago - are the best people he claims to know. Blessedly hate is not a concept he understands very well at all.

you have to pay more for a balcony right on the waterline. They come equipped with fishing poles and water skiis. Bring someone you really don't like because you put them on the waterskiis and use them as bait. The fishing pole and line are equipped to handle both the bait and the shark ;)

Then the cruise line rebates back some of your cruise fare, because shark steak is on the menu that night. And for the person in the dining room who happens to get some body parts in their dinner that night, you are the lucky one. You get a free cake and the wait staff sings "Happy fishing to you" :eek:

Pardon me, but what's a "dining" room? Isn't it a "dinning" room? I'm confused. Maybe that's just on NCL. Thanks in advance.

I am so glad I found this thread before getting on the Glory this Saturday. I have learned so much to improve my trip on these boards!!

We have a big roll call and I hope someone in our group has the underwater balcony, so I can check it out!! Is the pricing the same since Carnival has restructured the cabin rates??

Nothing better after a hot day in the sun on an excursion than to wrap the rubber duckie inner tube around you, open that balcony door and JUMP right in the ocean! So refreshing! But you do have to remember to clip on the rope to the tube to help you get back on the balcony otherwise the backwash from the ship can be a little tricky to navigate!

Imagine my surprise when I found my last balcony cabin to be below water! Right by the door there was scuba gear for the two of us. Now I understood why the PVP had asked if we were both scuba certified. I must say we had a great view especially when the folks in cabins above us threw scraps of food overboard. What a great fish feed that was. In Cozumel at port there was even a mermaid playing in the water!

Archived