Nice Tour

Has anyone used the following in Nice for tour operatours Med-Tour and or Tour Azur? They are recommended in Rick Steve's Best of Europe 2008 book. In my notes from these boards I have read excellent reviews regarding Dream Tours and Revealtion Tours and wondering about the other two. .

Thanks so much for all your advice,

DGK

DGK- We used Med-Tour in May 0f 2006, at that time there were 4 of us. they picked us up at Villefranche, we tendered in from the ship.

we went to Eze, Monte Carlo, Monaco the driver took us up to the top, so that we were looking out over the bay and Monte Carlo down below, before decending the winding road. We use this tour operator because they were the only one that offered 1/2 day tours. The others all wanted to pay for full 8 hours, even if you we using them for only 4 hours.

Our tour started at 9:00 a.m. and we back at the dock at 1.00 p.m. at which time we had lunch by the dock before going preceding to the ship.

our ship was in the bay from 7:30a.m. to 3:30p.m.

I would use them again

hope this helps

martin

We used Tour Azur this past summer, based on research on CruiseCritic last fall. I found some good comments but I regret not looking into other companies also. I would NOT recommend them. There were 22 of us, and we had 3 8-passenger vans as we wanted to do different things. All 3 drivers showed up at the dock late (10 minutes, but they were still late). They were not especially friendly. One spoke very little English despite our emails requesting English speaking driver/guides. On the positive side, they did give us 8 full hours, they took us where we wanted to go and advised us as to what was possible within our 8 hours, vans were clean, drivers knew the area and were safe, and we felt the price was reasonable. So it was not a horrible day by any means, but I have seen much better reviews on these boards on the other companies that you mentioned. Also, by that port we already had excellent guides in Naples (DriveAmalfi) and Messina (SicilyLife) so TourAzur paled by comparison!

We used Med Tours this past October and would highly recommend them. Our driver/guide (his name escapes me at the moment) was wonderful. Our ship tendered into Nice, and we were able to go to Monaco and St Paul de Vence in the very short time we were there (4 hours). We even had time for lunch in Nice before getting on the last tender to the ship.

Med tours were great to deal with. No worries!

Thank you all so much for all the advice. For those of you who used Med. Tours or Tour Azur how did you access the van and guide.? We are docking in Nice and wondering if we have to take a short train ride to meet them ???

Where did Dream Tours and Revealtion meet with their groups ?

DGK

Hi DGK

We tendered in Nice. Our guide was right there as we got off the tender waiting for us .... and he dropped us off at the end of the tour at the tender spot too. I found that for all the ports and private tours we did, the guide was always there wherever we docked.

Enjoy!

Denice

We used a tour operator based in the US called "Travels with Friends" when we tendered in Cannes and we LOVED it......so just to toss out one more option for you to consider (as if you really need or want to make one more decision......) there it is. Lol. We only had six, and he tailored our trip perfectly.... we went to Eze, Nice, St. Paul de Vence and Gourdon, which was a full day. Even a "lousy" private tour beats the heck out of taking one of the ship's scheduled tours, so you can take some solace in that at least.... good luck deciding!

Archived