Fishing In Progresso?

DaParson

Has anyone tried any fishing out of Progresso? We are docking there on a cruise with stops there and Cozumel - will be doing the dolphin thing with the family in Cozumel ... so only option for fishing is Progresso ... or tolling off of the ship ... (grin)

If so, any recommendations? Websites? Etc?

Thanks,

Mark

I just emailed my friend that runs the company that offers this trip. I'll let you know the details. I always assumed that the price was for up to 6, but I now realize that it could go either way.

I'll update once I hear back!

http://www.kab-yucatan.com/fishing.html

This is a link to a place, up the beach from Progreso, that does fishing trips. I think you have to pay extra for transportation to their beach (they can arrange that), but you can't beat the cost! By the way, 1200 pesos is a little less than $120.

Kristin

That is great! What do they fish for? Inshore or more offshore? I appreciate this information greatly!

Mark

• 6 months later...

Kristin,

I realize this is an old post, but is this guy the same guy that puts on the the fishing trips for K'ab? I contacted them and they are not offering fishing trips at this time. So I am trying to see if this is someone different. We are desperately seeking a fishing trip and I have not had much luck in the research department. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Archived