does this mean the Veendam is just about fixed

moffl

From Capt. Albert's Log

Today is our second regular sea day and again we were blessed with beautiful weather. Advice from the engine room is positive about progress being made with improving the output on the propellers and thus the speed but it will be a few days before it will make a significant difference

Moffl

We can hope. I also hope this isn't wishful thinking on the part of Capt. Albert. When he wrote about the upholsterers, he threw in the part about the ship only going to dry dock about every four years and that everything is done while the ship is in operation. I wondered if that wasn't his way of explaining that it is customary to continue while having problems.

Our departure day is nearing and I sure hope things are working by then.

I interpret his comment as saying that they're not having to push output to the limit right now. So there's no significant difference from additional output manifesting itself. It will better show up later when he has to run the ship full out to make his timings. Of course, I could be all wet ... but that's the way I see it. It isn't going to be fixed properly while still in the water.

Archived