TV in room question

mappie

We are travelling with our two kids, ages 6 & 4 on the Valor soon. They are pretty good travellers but I know we will all need some down time in our room daily. What is there on TV for them to watch? (We don't have a portable DVD player.) Can you rent DVD players for the room and a selection of movies? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

We were on Valor last January and they did not have DVD players available for rent. I don't think anything has changed. We brought a small portable DVD player along with us as well as a couple of different patch cords. I then plugged the DVD player into the television in our cabin and we enjoyed the movies we had brought along. The portable DVD player also came in handy on both legs of our 4 hour flight to and from Miami. That would be my suggestion.

Typically, there is a station that shows "Family" movies and the ships we have been on in the past 2-3 years have also had the Cartoon Network. I don't recall ships having DVDs for rent, but I never needed that, so they may have it. Hope this helps and Happy Cruising!!

We are travelling with our two kids, ages 6 & 4 on the Valor soon. They are pretty good travellers but I know we will all need some down time in our room daily. What is there on TV for them to watch? (We don't have a portable DVD player.) Can you rent DVD players for the room and a selection of movies? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

There are the network channels, but they originate in Denver so any sports you might see will probably involve Denver teams.

There are also a couple of free movie channels playing recent movies, such as you might find on HBO, etc.

The TVs on some ships have inputs for audio and video but apparently not all. To the best of my knowledge, there are no DVD or DVD player rentals available on board.

There is a 'kid's/family' movie channel along with a cartoon channel - personally I have found that this is enuf to keep the kids happy when they are in the cabin! I was going to bring along portable dvd player but figured I did not want to encourage to mucy tv watching while on a cruise!

Frouf

We had our portable DVD player with us but left it in our vehicle on purpose. There is more than enough for the kids to do on the ships i.e. Camp Carnival, swimming. My then 8 yo never got bored nor did she ever want to watch what was on TV other than on disembarkation day:( .

Cartoon Network is fine for mornings. But in the evenings they turn into the Japanese cartoons which are aimed at an older market and can be somewhat violent for our DD6. We bought a cheap DVD player at Walmart for $20. We take it with us on all of our vacations with a couple of our DD6's favs. It's small and we pack it in the suitcase. Don't forget an extension cord.

Archived