John Heald back on Freedom???

RFrench890

I just read that John Heald is going to be going on a cruise his self on Jan 28th 5 nights. I purposely booked our family cruise on the Freedom for Feb 2nd (superbowl week) because HE was the CD.... AGH!!!! Does anyone know if he's getting back on the Freedom on Feb 2nd, after returning from his cruise on that day??????? AGH!!!!!

I just read that John Heald is going to be going on a cruise his self on Jan 28th 5 nights. I purposely booked our family cruise on the Freedom for Feb 2nd (superbowl week) because HE was the CD.... AGH!!!! Does anyone know if he's getting back on the Freedom on Feb 2nd, after returning from his cruise on that day??????? AGH!!!!!

Don't quote me on this but I don't think he will be back on the Freedom until it returns to Europe. He has asked Todd Whitter (spelling) to take his place. Todd is a great person to cruise with so If you have the opp to sail with him, I wouldn't pass that up.

This is the #1 reason Carnival wont tell you who is the CD on which ship on a future date.They dont want people booking to be with a specific staff person.

Do you plan to cancel if he wont be onboard?

AGH!!!! I am REALLY going to be upset if he's not!!!! We specifically booked for seeing John again, we have a large family group, and no way we would be able to cancel or shift dates at this point, with all the air from US as well as UK gateways already booked.

For that specific date I think he is not going to be on board the Freedom. He has a special bloggers friend going on that date and he already told him he was not going to be there. But things change.Check his blog but I think I read that in February he is going to be moving around in different ships. He is going to be oficially on the Freedom in March and April

This is the #1 reason Carnival wont tell you who is the CD on which ship on a future date.They dont want people booking to be with a specific staff person.

Do you plan to cancel if he wont be onboard?

Actually, John posted the entire Cruise Director schedule for the year of 2007.

We expect him to do the same for 2008.

Here is a copy if anyone is interested:

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/09142007cdschedule.pdf

:confused: In 2007, I was on Carnival ships in August, September, and October. . . and not one of the cruise directors we had onboard matches that chart. :confused:

If you will notice, those 3 months had a lot of substitutions going on. It is not uncommon for subs to be changed at the last minute.

Even some ACDs get the job of acting CD for a week for things like the Cruise Director convention etc.

We were on in March, August, September and will be in December and every one is right on target!

AGH!!!! I am REALLY going to be upset if he's not!!!! We specifically booked for seeing John again, we have a large family group, and no way we would be able to cancel or shift dates at this point, with all the air from US as well as UK gateways already booked.

I understand you are a huge fan of John, but have you sailed with Todd before? He really is a wonderful cruise directors. I'm sure others who have cruised with him can vouch for that.

I understand you are a huge fan of John, but have you sailed with Todd before? He really is a wonderful cruise directors. I'm sure others who have cruised with him can vouch for that.

You are sooo correct!! We sailed with him years ago when he was a social host (back when they got stuck doing karaoke ~~before the days of dedicated karaoke hosts)...and he was wonderful. Since that is where I lived the whole 1 1/2 hours they did it every night....I got the chance to get to know him.

And I actually came back and wrote a note to "Uncle Bob" predicting that he would not only be a Cruise Director one day...but would be one of their best.

I'd love to sail with John as CD someday, but I can vouch for Todd as well. We've sailed with him as CD on Conquest and Liberty, and I really thought he stood out from the crowd. We nicknamed our Conquest cruise the "Carnival Conquest Hurricane Dennis Tour" - we skipped Grand Cayman, arrived in Cozumel the night before our scheduled arrival, and were delayed a day returning to port. Through the whole cruise, Todd did a great job improvising activities, switching schedules, and keeping people advised of what was happening. Todd will also tell you that John is one of his mentors.:)

From what I've read on John's blog, it looks like he will be on Freedom for the bloggers' cruise (not as the regular CD, though), then he'll be making the rounds of various Carnival ships to help train staff. I suspect his next "regular" assignment will be Splendor.

• 1 month later...

Just got this off of John Heald's blog! YEA!!!!!

Naturally, after Christmas I am starting to think about the Bloggers Cruise which is now just a few weeks away. I see from the comments that some of you have been asking for me to confirm our schedule for the next few months so here it is as requested.

JANUARY 9 - FLY TO MIAMI

JANUARY 9 - 12 - MEETINGS AT HEAD OFFICE AND DINNER WITH FRIENDS

JANUARY 12 - 19 - SAIL ON CARNIVAL FREEDOM AND PLAN SCHEDULES AND SHOWS ETC - PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT BE THE CD FOR THIS VOYAGE

JANUARY 19 - BLOGGERS CRUISE ON THE CARNIVAL FREEDOM

JANUARY 26 - DISEMBARK FOR TWO DAYS IN MIAMI

JANUARY 28 - 5 DAY CRUISE ON CARNIVAL IMAGINATION - PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT BE THE CD DURING THIS VOYAGE

FEBRUARY 2 - MARCH 28 - CD ON THE CARNIVAL FREEDOM

Yes!!!! I just booked Freedom for 3/22 (Easter week). We sailed with John back in '98 on the Destiny and I'll never forget it. I can't wait for him to be our CD again........Yeah!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the info! :D

This is from John's blog

JANUARY 9 - FLY TO MIAMI

JANUARY 9 - 12 - MEETINGS AT HEAD OFFICE AND DINNER WITH FRIENDS

JANUARY 12 - 19 - SAIL ON CARNIVAL FREEDOM AND PLAN SCHEDULES AND SHOWS ETC - PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT BE THE CD FOR THIS VOYAGE

JANUARY 19 - BLOGGERS CRUISE ON THE CARNIVAL FREEDOM

JANUARY 26 - DISEMBARK FOR TWO DAYS IN MIAMI

JANUARY 28 - 5 DAY CRUISE ON CARNIVAL IMAGINATION - PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT BE THE CD DURING THIS VOYAGE

FEBRUARY 2 - MARCH 28 - CD ON THE CARNIVAL FREEDOM

Papanh

Archived