putting id on door?

sawmillbarb

On the Group Cruises we always use the CC sign made by the leader of the group. When we travel on our own I usually print up something simple. Our steward said he appreciated it because it helped him remember our names. It was something I printed up on the computer with a palm tree or something tropical. Next cruise we are traveling with our granddaughters, so I definitely will buy some decorations for them to put on the doors.

On the Legend VIP cruise we happened to be traveling with the Parrotheads and they had some incredible door decorations. One woman told us she had to bring another suitcase just to pack the door decorations. Many of them also decorated their balconies, but were made to remove them because of the fire hazard.

Yes, I know the door has a number, but this is just a fun thing to do.

I've had problems with someone else thinking this was their room. At 1 in the morning it's not too great to have someone either trying their key in your lock or have them banging on your door thinking it's their room.

Hopefully with my decorations other people will realize this in not their room. Unless they're really drunk.

We decorated on our cruise this month & it had it's ups & downs...

Ups: our room was easy to find & we didn't have to remember our room number.

Downs: people CONSTANTLY commenting on it...early in the morning while we were trying to sleep! Also, by the end of the week almost all of it was gone becasue people gradually deal it. :o

Hmmm...I was thinking along those same lines.:rolleyes:

Yes, but...what if you have room number X, and you go to dinner, have a couple drinks, and some pie for dessert. But then you get confused...did you have pie for dessert with room number X, or did you have X for dessert and PI as a room number?

Then you're walking down the halls, and suddenly realize...OMG, these room numbers are NOT infinite! I must be on the wrong deck!!!

...horrible, really...

Yes, but...what if you have room number X, and you go to dinner, have a couple drinks, and some pie for dessert. But then you get confused...did you have pie for dessert with room number X, or did you have X for dessert and PI as a room number?

Then you're walking down the halls, and suddenly realize...OMG, these room numbers are NOT infinite! I must be on the wrong deck!!!

...horrible, really...

It's true what they say..Algebraic humor is the best kind of humor

When we went on our cruise in October we decorated our door (cuz we had two birthdays in our cabin)...

I purchased magnetic sheets from Office Depot and just printed out a big "Happy Birthday" sign on one of the sheets, then I printed some balloons and birthday cupcakes on the others and we stuck those all over our door.

We didn't have anything stolen... and the magnets in those sheets (Since they were fairly large designs) worked very well.

I had tried making smaller birthday candles too, but they were too flimsy and didn't stick very well...

those business card magnets work well also... they've got adhesive on one side, so you can print out a design on your printer and then just stick the business card magnet on the back (in the corners) and VOILA! there you go!

We always put our cruise critic names on the door. Just print them in bright colors with something tropical and then I tape them on the door. It has always resulted in the people we've met knocking on our door to say hello after they have met us and we've even had phone calls to our room from other cruise critic members. It adds a little fun and it helps us find our room.

are a CC one, and a personal, pretty one that has earned it's own passport, is a multi cruiser, Platinum, etc. People, have written messages to me.on it .but the best is when..I was leaving for DR one eve..a steward(not my own) stopped me and said "Hello, I finally get to meet you!"..I smiled and thanked him by name/tag. So told me, "Many times I pass by and see your pretty door, and never see who is in the cabin..now today, I finally do!..So of course I explained about CC-ers. How sweet was that!

• 1 month later...
I think that's a great idea to decorate your door if the cruise line allows it. It would surely make it a lot easier to recognize your door at a distance rather than having to check cabin numbers as you go down the hall. I have everything I'd need for a magnetic sign right now. All I'd really need to do would be to decide which picture to use. Currently, I have two major contenders.

My main choice would be to use the same photo that I'm currently using for my avatar.

souskidcroppedcopy14nl.png

My second choice would be to use the photo of an early Salvation Army Band that I currently use as the logo for my musician's forum.

salvationarmycc0.png

What do you think?

Great pics....Can you say both......

[quote name='Schlepporello']Yep, and if I used the tuba player photo, the people in my group will know exactly which cabin is mine.;)[/quote]

That can be a good thing and a bad thing...

Too many 'no notice hospitality checks' (my military buds understand this...) can spoil a vacation and completely deplete one's supply of 'beverages'...

;)

We plan on decorating our door for our cruise that leaves this coming Saturday. I printed off different things that represent our family members....Proud AF family, class of 2008 graduate, Indianapolis Colts, and a birthday cake. We will use Colts crepe paper to link all the different icons together on each door. I will post a picture of it when we get back.

Our Colts play Sunday so hopefully the game will be shown on the big screen located on the lido deck. We all plan on bringing our Colts Tshirts to wear and watch the game.

[quote name='LambKnuckles']
I've also heard to put a page up for random graffiti from other cruisers, and it can result in fun comments, but it can also be abused. I thought this might be fun.

[/quote]

I like this Idea...Nothing says you can't just throw the thing away if you get some unwanted comments.

I might try this on my Cruise in May.

[quote name='Host Mach']That can be a good thing and a bad thing...

Too many 'no notice hospitality checks' (my military buds understand this...) can spoil a vacation and completely deplete one's supply of 'beverages'...

;)[/quote]
I could also put a sign under it that says "GIT!":D

We almost always decorate our door. We had 2008 Happy New Year stuff on our door last week and everyone around us told us they were using our soor deocrations to help find their room. lol It does help alot.

DW and I were on the Carnival Spirit about the time this thread started so we are late to the party but had a GREAT Door with a Christmas theme.
This was a peel and stick from the dollar store, came off cleanly.

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66703&stc=1&d=1199765077"]door.jpg[/URL]

• 9 months later...
[quote name='SheriNtexas']My daughter and I cruised over the 4th of July, so we had those kinds of decorations on our door as well as in our room. Someone from our roll call here made posters and we put that on there too! I used doublestick tape, not sure if the doors are magnetic or not, but i have read that some magnets slide down the magnetic doors. Most people DON'T decorate their doors, but we do and it is just a fun thing to do! Certainly not required but fun nonetheless. :)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]The magnetic board I put on our door on the Conquest slid down, but the magnets that went on it worked fine to keep our CC banner up. I definitely learned a thing or two that I intend to do differently next time, like bring poster putty instead of relying on weak magnets.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :eek:

Not being as artistic as y'all we had to come up with something simple. We attached bath scrunges (bright colors) to our suitcases so we can find them in the terminal "warehouse" when we disembark (we can even see them in the racks as they are delivering luggage to the cabins sometimes). After we unpack we attach one of the scrunges to either the door knob or the mail box and we always know which cabin is ours provided we can remember what deck we're on and if we're on the port or starboard side. We got the idea when we say someone had balloons tied on their doorknob on the cabin next to us and we used that as a homing beacon.

Archived