Roll Call - 5th May 2008 Athens to Rome

Darwil66

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. Actually he doesn't even know about it yet. I am giving him this cruise and 5 days pre-cruise in Athens for our anniversary on Dec 11th. I can hardly wait to give him this! I am really looking forward to this cruise and hopefully many more. We have sailed on RC and Oceania before, this is our first on SS.

Oh: You Lucky Do-ers! We just finished the Whisper from Rome to Athens. Seven Days of Heaven: and you have Twelve!

And in Summertime too. Although our Cruise was in near perfect weather, we always left port at dusk (in places like Mykonos and Kusadasi) because, I suppose, there was no Night-Life then. You leave at 11:00. This would be grand to do.

Any questions you have about the Whisper and those two ports: I'd be glad to answer, as best I can.

Yet another question: We are planning a few days post cruise in Rome. We are thinking of the Hotel Parco Dei Principi. Anyone have an opinion?

also, any recommendations on a transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome? We did once take a wonderful SS excursion to the Vatican Museums (only 14 of us alone in the Sistine Chapel after hours!) But we have never actually stayed in Rome. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Alipius - What did you do in those 2 ports? Did you take any of the SS excursions? I am a spa gal, did you visit? What are the evening activities on board? I can't wait to go on our cruise. I have a tendency to want to get off the ship first thing in the morning and see as much of the cities as possible. I am so looking forward to the Turkish bath in Istanbul.

Archived