1st time traveling with an infant on POH. Advices??

tofuyan

• Administrators
It will be my first time traveling with my 9 month old this December. Any advices? Should I bring an umbrella stroller or my actual stroller?? :):)

Over on the family cruising boards (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49) the concensus is that the "big mama" strollers are a pain for travel (airports, airplanes, stairs, escalators, tenders, buses, storage in the cabin, and so forth). Most of the experienced cruisers there choose umbrella strollers for cruises. You'll also find a ton of other great tips on traveling with little ones on that board -- stuff like bringing a small blow-up pool so your infant gets some splash time (since they aren't allowed in the pools on the ship), which you can also use as a bathtub in the cabin. You might want to check out that board and the tips there.

I have traveled with my kids numerous times and I found that while on a cruise ship bringing my regular stroller was easier. My kids were more comfy and could lie down.

On the other hand, you are going to Hawaii which is VERY port intensive. You will be getting off and on buses and such. Maybe invest in a reclining umbrella?? I did that for Disney and it was a lifesaver. I think it was less than $50 too.

Have fun!

Leave em home! Thats what inlaws are for. Infants will spoil a good time. This is your vacation dont ruin it.

I can't count on my mother-in-law to watch my baby. She parties all the time. And my parents are coming to the cruise with us. =)

Archived