How Long for Evolutions of Fun to be Fully Functional After Drydock?

Rowan555

We'll be on the Fantasy next October 4th, and I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid that perhaps the waterslides won't be open by that sailing. Was it the Inspiration that was already refurbished? How long did it take for everything to get up and running? My daughter will literally DIE if those slides are there, but not open. That's the main reason we booked another cruise on the Fantasy, and now I'm worried I booked it too close to drydock!

We were on the first post dry dock cruise on Inspiration. They said the only reason for the delay in finishing the refurb was that the weather prevented them from laying new decking in the water park. Work progressed well while we were out to sea (Gulf).

Thanks. I'll be nervous until I hear reports that all is well post-drydock, but this helps me feel better. We booked a tentative NCL Spirit cruise for late November, but if we do that one we'll have to cancel the Fantasy in October, and both my kids are saying, "NO WAY" to that. NCL Spirit is a bit cheaper per day, but we won't know until we take our first NCL cruise (in two days - woohoo) which we will want to do next fall.

Archived