Molton brown shower gel?

ClaireP

Am due to go on Aurora for christmas - wanted to check if there is still molton brown shower gel in the cabin? if yes, I won't bring my own

thanks!

And if you are in a suite you get box loads of the stuff.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I am going on Oceana for Christmas, only got inside cabins, will we still get some shower gel provided? Only asking cos of the weight allowance and don't want to overpack. On Fred Olsen last year we got Shower Gel & Handwash in dispensers, I am imagining it will be similar, anybody know for sure?

Thanks, flea b x

I am going on Oceana for Christmas, only got inside cabins, will we still get some shower gel provided? Only asking cos of the weight allowance and don't want to overpack. On Fred Olsen last year we got Shower Gel & Handwash in dispensers, I am imagining it will be similar, anybody know for sure?

Thanks, flea b x

Hi flea b,

Yes you get a dispenser in the shower of Moulton Brown shower and bath gel.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hah!!!! So much for Molton Brown Shower gel!!!!

Just back from 18 nights on Oriana. the shower gel was watered down so much that we got through a full bottle in 5 days! You couldnt even get it to lather it was so runny! When I asked for it to be replaced when it was finished (we had the worst cabin girl ever this time!) then the next lot was a lot thicker and it lasted the rest of the cruise. This must be P&O trying to cut costs, but I think it is false economy!

Caryl

I wouldn't waste my luggage allowance on it Fiona.

There is a chance your gel might not be watery - it all depends on your cabin steward. I would just ask for it to be replaced with less water in it if it's no use!

Caryl

• 4 weeks later...
Hah!!!! So much for Molton Brown Shower gel!!!!

Just back from 18 nights on Oriana. the shower gel was watered down so much that we got through a full bottle in 5 days! You couldnt even get it to lather it was so runny! When I asked for it to be replaced when it was finished (we had the worst cabin girl ever this time!) then the next lot was a lot thicker and it lasted the rest of the cruise. This must be P&O trying to cut costs, but I think it is false economy!

Caryl

Caryl,

I would say that your unfortunate situation was more the result of a poor cabin steward than a general lowering of standards by P&O in general.

The fact that you got a new replacement container in your dispenser after asking for it to be replaced would lead me to think she preferred to top up the bottle with water rather than go and get another bottle from the store - and you admit she was a poor cabin steward so did it really surprise you?

Lets hope that you are better served on your next cruise and aren't given the same cabin steward again.

Feebee_71:)

"I would say that your unfortunate situation was more the result of a poor cabin steward than a general lowering of standards by P&O in general"

That's good! Probably should've complained about her, but I didn't want my toothbrush scraped around the toilet for the next fortnight!!!

Caryl

the shower gel was watered down so much that we got through a full bottle in 5 days! You couldnt even get it to lather it was so runny! When I asked for it to be replaced when it was finished (we had the worst cabin girl ever this time!) then the next lot was a lot thicker and it lasted the rest of the cruise.

Caryl

Could have been the same stewardess we had in October. Was her name Renalyn?

David

"Could have been the same stewardess we had in October. Was her name Renalyn"

OMG!!!! I don't believe it David! It was indeed Renalyn!!!

Caryl

If that's the case, I suggest that Renalyn should find a P45 in her mail.

David

"Could have been the same stewardess we had in October. Was her name Renalyn"

OMG!!!! I don't believe it David! It was indeed Renalyn!!!

Caryl

We found her to be the worst stewardess we have had, by a long way.

David

She was the worst we have ever encountered on a P&O vessel.

I knew as soon as we entered our cabin for the 1st time that we had a "not- so -good steward" as I could see dust on the surface near the TV and when I went in the toilet there was body hair on the floor and in the shower.Ugh!

She took 2 days to fetch our bar order (water and mixers)and never did come with the next order so after that I just fetched it for myself.

I asked for ice to be delivered every night around 5pm. She didn't come with it on the 1st night, the 2nd night when I reminded her,she arrived with ice and lemon. Yippee! No more lemon after that though,we were lucky to get ice.

On 3 occasions she left her dirty cloths in our toilet -she used the face cloths to clean the sink.

The floor was vacuumed once in the 17 days, but not done very well.

Our friends in the next cabin also had problems with her and discovered that she had an attitude problem!

We have cruised 7 times with P&O now, had 2 exceptionally good stewards, 1 really good steward, 1 good steward, 2 not so good stewards and 1 (Renalyn) exceptionally bad one!

Off on the Aurora 3 weeks today and hoping that we get a nice steward!

Caryl

Archived