first night question

hlb76

Ok I need some reminding.........

When we board the ship we do not get our luggage till later that night. What do we wear to dinner? Will the first night be less formal can we get by with whatever we wore on the way to the ship? I do always dress for dinner that is half the fun for me. No bags not nice clothed though.

Usually they're more lenient on the first night because they understand the folks don't have all their luggage, especially if you have early dining. I just make sure to pack a pair of slacks or a split skirt in my carry-on just in case the luggage doesn't show up.

You may not get your luggage until later in the evening. If you don't have it by the time your dinner rolls around, go ahead and wear whatever you wore to board the ship. I suggest packing a shirt/blouse/sweater in your carry on so you can change and freshen up though. After waiting in line to board and the muster drill, you might need it. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Since we always drive in or fly in a day ahead, I wear my old comfortable clothes to travel...then I wear something to board that is nice enough to wear (Country Club Casual) straight into dinner. We always have 5:45 seating, so this way I don't need a lot of time to "get ready".....because I am ready!! ;)

In all of our cruises we have always had our luggage before dinner. I think not getting it is the exception to the rule. It got close on our last cruise. I thought I was missing a piece and found it in my sons cabin right before dinner. I really like changing before dinner after standing out in the hot sun all day and going through the muster drill. Cindy

Thanks! Think we had everything on time when we cruised before. Dressing for dinner is part of what makes the cruise so special to me.I love and so does my family. Even if the husband says no.

I do agree it would be nice to be able to freshen up a bit before dinner. As far as packing on a carry on thought of it but we are traveling in the day of this time. Which i am a bit about but that is how it will work out to go. But with the two kids carry ons are full of stuff to keep them happy during the flight and lay overs Etc......

Either way we will make due even if we choose to eat on the Lido.

before dinner, but take all necessities in a small rolley..meds, cosmetics, extra shoes, dinner attire..and my good ole over the door shoe holder..then I can unpack all that stuff befor sailaway..and I'm ready for the cruise to begin..one week and counting..on the Granduer/Tampa

Archived