RCL Liberty of the Seas with a baby on Thanksgiving!

KGEmail

We went on the Liberty of the Seas over Thanksgiving and I posted a review on the RCL main board, but it had a lot lof baby things so I will copy it here!

Cruise Review Liberty of the Seas Thanksgiving

First Cruise - so first review, bear with me :) It is a little "baby-centric" as we brought a 10 month old.

This was the first cruise ever for my entire family. We had three 60 year olds, six 25-35 year olds and a 10 month old baby along for the ride. Everyone had a great time, even the baby :) Who is mine. For all those who say don't about bring a baby on the cruise, I would have to disagree, I was a little worried with all the craziness on these boards before we went about bringing him, but we were SO glad we did. We were lucky enough to have several grandparents and aunts all of which loved watching him here or there, but mostly we just brought him wherever we

went.

Getting on the ship was simple, 11:30 arrived at the pier, 12:00 we were on the boat (although we were steered away from the rooms until 1:00 - couldn't even get to the hallways there was a guy standing there pointing you up to the windjammer). Once we ate we went down to our rooms. My parents had Owner's Suite 1340, and the rest of us were in inside cabins on the same hallway. This worked out great, they had enough room for ALL 10 of us to hang out in there, and the inside cabin was great with a baby because it was nice and dark. We did NOT have a pack-n-play in our cabin as requested and it took several hours to hunt one down (even with the concierge trying to help my mom get one) so that was tricky since he needed a nap, but from then on, smooth sailing :) Our attendant was great, asked us if we would like ice we said sure, and from then on we always had ice in the room and he promptly removed all of

the mini-fridge contents as requested.

We missed the meet & mingle because the baby was napping, and I didn't dare wake him up! Sorry to my rollcall group

:(

We managed to get both a tour of the bridge and a kitchen tour, which were both very neat!

We brought along a video baby monitor just on the off chance it would work, and IT DID! It was wonderful, we would put the baby down and then go right next door to my sister or Mother in Law's cabin and watch him on the monitor, but still be able to talk or watch TV. It was great piece of mind being able to SEE him, rather than just hear him, and we would leave the cabin door we were in open a bit just in case and put a do not disturb on the baby door. Worked great.

We did "Ladies Night" at the spa and all got massages and facials, which was great fun and a great deal as well!

The baby splash pool was GREAT, the baby loved it, and we loved watching him have so much fun!

We all loved the food (and 4 of us were vegetarian, so that says something!) in the dining room and in Portofino's.

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel - this was fun, although it was a little rainy. We shopped in Grand Cayman, and went to the beach just for a bit. Labadee was a great beach day. All but 3 of us did the canopy tour in Mo Bay, and had fun.

The ship was beautiful, the flowrider was a blast, rock-climbing was fun too. The gym was very impressive and we liked the sauna's that you could use anytime.

That's all I can think of, just wanted to thank everyone on this board - even though some of us don't post too much your help is so appreciated and really helped to make this a WONDERFUL vacation!

Archived