Ships that provide unpacking service

marktime

Does anyone know of cruise lines that provide unpacking of your baggage as a regular service? I realise you could ask your room attendant to do this for you and tip accordingly, but I have heard that there is a line that provides this service to all passengers. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

couldn't think of anything better.......... I could snack, sip away while the frocks were hung. Too rich for my wallet tho........... at least for now..... I'll wait til I start dipping into my RSP's for the cash flow !

The unpacking services for even the luxury lines is generally for rooms being served by a butler. Celebrity's high end suites that have butler service will provide the unpacking also. I've been on Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal and I don't remember unpacking as being a service that's provided as a matter of course. I know my butler on Crystal has offered to unpack bags, but it's never been offered by the room stewardesses.

Unpacking and packing service is offered as a perk on Princess to suite guests. I asked our room steward about it and she looked at me like I was crazy. I really didn't want her to do it, I just wanted to know if anyone ever had her unpack their clothes. I have a hard enough time finding where I put things, let alone someone else putting it away!

Friends who were in a suite on NCL were offered this service by their butler, but they declined- we will have this same option in March, maybe I'll try it just so I can feel like a big shot--I guess hubby will need to bring some decent undies:eek:

My DH would gladly unpack for me, but he'd open a drawer and throw it all in, then look at me when I put on wrinkled clothes, and say" aren't you going to iron that"?:rolleyes:

I could forego the unpacking, if I could have the cabin steward give me a back and neck rub every night:D

My DH has compulsive neatness tendencies. So he does a much better job of putting things in the drawers and closets nice and neat then I ever would.

I say we are a match made in heaven. Like I said in 10 years of marriage he has not used any kitchen appliances-believe it or not we actually own 2 Maytag appliance stores-and I have not ran the vacumn or cleaend the bathrooms-he does that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived