What do you do when you have 10 weeks left...

bubbles1209

What do you do when you have 10 weeks left to go before your cruise?

Are you packed yet, have you started? Still booking excursions, or is that done? Awaiting your docs, or got impatient and went ahead and printed the e-docs? Curious as to what everyone else does while playing the waiting game. It's almost like being a kid in school waiting for that last 9 weeks to go by before vacation time.:p I'm waiting.........just not so patiently.:p

I sail on February 10th - VALOR EASTERN!!!! First Cruise. I am thinking about losing 10 pounds.....I just bought a new swimsuit. Thinking of buying a new formal gown. Deciding if my husband has a nice enough suit for both formal nights - or should I get him a tux for one of the nights. Researching St. Thomas. Getting books from library about the Caribbean. Reading the boards at least 3 hours a day.

Dreaming about the cruise - literally! I have dreams about where my cabin is, the steward coming in and saying hi, the food, I even dream I almost fall off the ship.

That's what I am doing 10 weeks before the cruise :)

Well the next 4-5 weeks hopefully you will be busy with the holidays. Wait to the last minute to buy your Christmas gifts-trust me time will fly by.

So now we are down to 5 weeks-get more sleep and rest up for your cruise. If you have or have ever had teenagers I am sure you are familiar with the phrase "sleeping your life away".

Read the CC boards and everytime you read a review know that you will be having the experience (especially if its a good review) in just a few short weeks.

I sail in 28 days so I know the feeling.

I sail on February 10th - VALOR EASTERN!!!! First Cruise. I am thinking about losing 10 pounds.....I just bought a new swimsuit. Thinking of buying a new formal gown. Deciding if my husband has a nice enough suit for both formal nights - or should I get him a tux for one of the nights. Researching St. Thomas. Getting books from library about the Caribbean. Reading the boards at least 3 hours a day.

Dreaming about the cruise - literally! I have dreams about where my cabin is, the steward coming in and saying hi, the food, I even dream I almost fall off the ship.

That's what I am doing 10 weeks before the cruise :)

If you are planning on buying a tux wait till after the first of the year. I bought my DH's in January and got a heck of a deal. After the Holiday party season and before people get cranked up for proms. My DH wears the tux both nights-just changes cumberbun and tie to match my dress.

Well the next 4-5 weeks hopefully you will be busy with the holidays. Wait to the last minute to buy your Christmas gifts-trust me time will fly by.

So now we are down to 5 weeks-get more sleep and rest up for your cruise. If you have or have ever had teenagers I am sure you are familiar with the phrase "sleeping your life away".

Read the CC boards and everytime you read a review know that you will be having the experience (especially if its a good review) in just a few short weeks.

I sail in 28 days so I know the feeling.

Not gonna be very busy with the holidays. DD moved out to live with her Dad in April, and I hardly ever hear from them (her and her brother who had moved out a year earlier):( I did take both of them to a movie last week-end, first outing we've had since she moved out. With my time off being during the week and me working every week-end it's been hard to get together with them. They asked when I was putting up the Christmas tree, I told them I wasn't putting one up this year because they aren't here. The hours I work, by the time I get home, it's time to turn lights out (as far as the yard decorations go), and putting up a tree that they aren't here to enjoy just isn't the same. So, no too much into the Christmas spirit, sorry, thinking of it just depresses me. I do spend a lot of time on here, looking at the webcams though, and double-checking cruise rates for price drops, as well as double-checking our flight iteneraries for schedule changes. I even have a list of what we paid for our airfare for this trip, our upcoming June trip for us, and for my SO's family, just to see how the price is coming up or down since we booked. The flights we have booked for Feb. have gone up $113.00 pp since we booked. So I'm trying to keep busy, helps to get on here and escape.:)

We are about 13 weeks out and have starting planning what we need to purchase for the cruise. :confused: What we will wear for the 2 formal nights. :rolleyes: Dreaming about being on the ship!:D

I see you guys are going before Master's week this time. We hope after August of next year to expand to 3 cruises a year, I'll be eligible for more vacation time after late August;) sounds like a winner to me.:D Now to see where we can go and what we can get into:rolleyes:

Bubbles we are empty nesters. Our kids are grown and this will be the first year that we will not all be together and it is kind od sad. My son moved across the state at the first of the year and between work and school I'm even sure he will get to come home for Christmas. He hasn't lived with me in about 9 yrs but he was just a few miles away plus he worked for us at our business part time.

I have seen him a couple of times since he moved away but I know the feeling of not being in the Christmas spirit. I just want the holidays to go on by quickly where I can go on my cruise.

Before the cruise I check my lists and make sure I have packed everything and done everything that I need to. Waiting for the last few weeks to go by are the worse, except for after the cruise is over and "the cruise blues" settles in. There is only one cure for "the cruise blues," that's book another cruise.:)

Happy Cruising!

http://www.*****.com/users/bjkeen/index.html

I'm 15 weeks out and going crazy! Our first cruise, and I'm basically packed already except for last minute stuff. Just have to get geared up to make final payment... only 6 weeks left to do that. Ugh! I spend a lot of time on here, as well as looking at the Carnival site. I think I am going to burst!

For us, at ten weeks its time to make that complete packing list so I can check to see if I need to be looking for a bargain on something I need to purchase for the cruise. While I don't actually start packing, the "packing pile" starts to collect in the spare bedroom.

Also time to finalize what we hope to do in each port and collect and/or organize information for each port that we'll take with us.

And last but not least, with final payment having been made its time to decide exactly how much money we need for the cruise and check what's already been saved and what still needs to be saved and make a plan to be sure we'll have enough. (ok-so there's never as much as I COULD spend, but I have to give it a try ;) )

While I'm doing all this DH is in charge of annoucing each evening at dinner exactly how many days and hours we have left to departure :D

i have been sooo tempted to look at my docs but am holding out because I really want them to come in the mail....sailing 1/14. 42 days to go....thats six weeks whoo whoo......making lists and more lists so that I don't forget anything...putting thinks like extension cord, electrical strip, mini lysol and downy wrinkle relaxer all in the same place so that I can find it all when it is time to back.....duct tape anyone

I have got to seriously start researching our ports and planning excursions. Been making mental notes, but it's time to make reservations.

Also, DS will need new beach sandals of some sort. Will have to find them on-line; no way to find them in NY at this time of year!

Finally, will purchase some Fun Ship dollars this week as Chanukah presents. That's good for one night :D . Probably an underwater camera or two for DD, to take photos of the sea turtles and whatever else we swim with on this trip! The thought of that warms me up already, even though we had our first snow today!

Spend way too many hrs on this board researching everything under the sun about the next cruise:o

I do that...

We are about 13 weeks out and have starting planning what we need to purchase for the cruise. :confused: What we will wear for the 2 formal nights. :rolleyes: Dreaming about being on the ship!:D

and that...

Diet...so I can eat,eat, and eat and go to the gym and work out , so I can eat,eat,and eat...

Have a great cruise...

Jan

and that.

Oh yeah. I also watch the cruise shows on the Travel Channel and drive myself and the family crazy. Then I sit back and wait impatiently for the next 2 1/2 months to go by.;)

Spend way too many hrs on this board researching everything under the sun about the next cruise:o

So true!!! I'm counting down in days, not weeks... And with the holidays, I'm baking today. Then there's decorating, then wrapping, then opening, then the Day, then cleaning, then putting everything away, then start packing, then check the boards for that list of what everyone forgets, that I swear I won't forget, oooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!

IT CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!! I want to click my heels together, "There's no place like cruising, there's no place like cruising..."

I'm here checking out the boards daily! Me, excited, anxious? ... Nah! :D

LK

What do you do when you have 10 weeks left to go before your cruise?

Are you packed yet, have you started? Still booking excursions, or is that done? Awaiting your docs, or got impatient and went ahead and printed the e-docs? Curious as to what everyone else does while playing the waiting game. It's almost like being a kid in school waiting for that last 9 weeks to go by before vacation time.:p I'm waiting.........just not so patiently.:p

I start drinking more. ;)

Bubbles we are empty nesters. Our kids are grown and this will be the first year that we will not all be together and it is kind od sad. My son moved across the state at the first of the year and between work and school I'm even sure he will get to come home for Christmas. He hasn't lived with me in about 9 yrs but he was just a few miles away plus he worked for us at our business part time.

I have seen him a couple of times since he moved away but I know the feeling of not being in the Christmas spirit. I just want the holidays to go on by quickly where I can go on my cruise.

Too bad we don't live closer together, true I work through 6pm Christmas Eve (will get home around 7-7:30) but I'm off Christmas, we could have had the "cruise blues" together:p Yes, it's sad, and that makes it hard. But it will be ok, as my SO says," the clock keeps ticking" ........I just have to learn to not watch it so much.

Pack, repack, and repack again. get the luggage down to as few a bags as possible. double check the cosmetic bag, meds, and all that stuff. Make sure I have plenty of batteries for MP3/Ipod's, cameras, etc.

Quite busy a time for me. I packed my suitcases 4 times before our last cruise. and still took too many clothes. Daughter has her own bag, as do Hubby and self. But still seemed we took more clothes than needed.

:eek: I don't, I think the formal gowns suit me much better :eek: I always let my SO wear one if that's what he chooses to wear :p Sorry, couldn't resist:p

No problem. Some people just like to dress that way. But for me, Casual Formal is formal enough. (church clothes)

Well I have 12 weeks to go and I just can't wait. For the last two days that is all I can think about. There is nothing like a cruise. I'm going on two cruises next year and I wish I could do more. Which reminds me I have to paid my balance!! Guess I better do that or I won't be going anywhere. LOL

Archived