Suggestions for San Juan Tours

cjml

Hi Coquishideaway,

Thanks for all the info. on San Juan. I have a question, we are doing the walking tour and bacardi factory tour on our own and following your directions. Do you recommend we go to the factory first or walk around San Juan, we arrive at 7 AM and depart at 3:30 PM. Let me know. Thanks!

I think to be on the safe side, I would do Bacardi first (but you have to be OK with drinking in the morning!). The ferry runs constantly back and forth (and it is a short ride). And there will be taxis available so the trip to Bacardi from OSJ should be less than 30 mins. Bacardi doesn't start their tours until 9 am, so eat breakfast first.

The tour and then the drinking should take about 1.5-2 hrs, then the ferry home- you are back in OSJ in time for lunch and a walk about until your ship leaves.

And this way, the buildings and shops in OSJ will be open and you won't be getting nervous on time if the ferry is slow or something.

Have fun!

I think to be on the safe side, I would do Bacardi first (but you have to be OK with drinking in the morning!). The ferry runs constantly back and forth (and it is a short ride). And there will be taxis available so the trip to Bacardi from OSJ should be less than 30 mins. Bacardi doesn't start their tours until 9 am, so eat breakfast first.

The tour and then the drinking should take about 1.5-2 hrs, then the ferry home- you are back in OSJ in time for lunch and a walk about until your ship leaves.

And this way, the buildings and shops in OSJ will be open and you won't be getting nervous on time if the ferry is slow or something.

Have fun!

Thanks for the speedy reply! I think we will follow your suggestion, this way we don't have to worry about rushing back. I don't know about drinking in the morning, but sure my husband will be fine with it!! Thanks again.

Sue

Archived