Has Anyone Had Their Cabin Changed?

Katyany

I booked a cabin a few months ago. I remember it was not too far aft and I remember the cabin number.

However, when I received a confirmation by email recently, the cabin number was different and several cabins further aft, and therefore very aft. They tell me they have no indication of my cabin having been changed. I cannot locate my original confirmation, but may still find it. Since all the cabins are now booked however, I don't know how they could rectify this.

I always choose midship cabins because I can be seasick in rough weather.

I'm talking about changes in exactly the same category, not upgrades.

Has this happened to anyone else I wonder?

I booked a cabin a few months ago. I remember it was not too far aft and I remember the cabin number.

However, when I received a confirmation by email recently, the cabin number was different and several cabins further aft, and therefore very aft. They tell me they have no indication of my cabin having been changed. I cannot locate my original confirmation, but may still find it. Since all the cabins are now booked however, I don't know how they could rectify this.

Your travel agent should have written down your original cabin number when booking the reservation. Check with your agent. If in fact you were reassigned and the ship is completely booked, perhaps you could ask the line if they could do something else for you in return while on board.

Your travel agent should have written down your original cabin number when booking the reservation.

Your travel agent should have checked your tickets before sending them onto you and she should have spotted this. Definitely check with them for confirmation of the original cabin. Remember you are paying them to handle your booking - you can expect them to do it properly.

Does your agent book through a rez system or over the phone?

However, I have known Cunard to change cabins within a category without notice on world segments.

Are you doing a segment?

You lost me. I thought you were still trying to decide on a cabin only a few weeks ago?

Paul

Actually, if you read my post carefully, I already HAVE a cabin in the P2 category.

I did not book this through a travel agent. I booked it myself ONBOARD QM2 while sailing over to the UK.

The travel office onboard gave gave me a cabin number. I have yet to locate the confirmation of this booking so I can prove I have now been assigned a different cabin.

I will probably be staying in the P2 category, because anything else I would get at this point would be on too high a deck (I now realize) and/or too far aft or forward.

I don't want to go back to a B1 at his point (if there even are any available), because the whole idea was to try something a little nicer for a change. QM2 has to make money, so now she has become quite touristy, as opposed to the first few times I sailed on her (or QE2 with her more intimate size, and the addition of the Caronia level dining). The whole point of QM2 is her elegance, but the bottom line must prevail or there'll be no QM2 obviously.

Does your agent book through a rez system or over the phone?

However, I have known Cunard to change cabins within a category without notice on world segments.

Are you doing a segment?

No, transatlantic. I'm not using my TA this time.

If in fact Cunard does just change cabins on you without your permission, I find that pretty outrageous. A guarantee is one thing, but when you chose a specific cabin they should not have the right to change it.

So much for booking without a TA.

If in fact Cunard does just change cabins on you without your permission, I find that pretty outrageous. A guarantee is one thing, but when you chose a specific cabin they should not have the right to change it.

But you don't know for sure they have changed it! When you booked onboard you would have had delivered a confirmation to your cabin, see if you can find that then you'll know for sure. I know I have often forgotten the cabin and thought it somewhere else.

Archived