Celebrity newbie here

cruisegal101

I have just booked my first :) Celebrity cruise and am looking forward to it!

After reading through a lot of the posts here, I still have a couple of questions. We are sailing on the 4 night out of Miami on 2/28 on the Century and I know that there is only one formal night. Having sailed on other lines, sometimes the formal on the 4 night cruises is not quite as formal, i.e., cocktail dresses as opposed to long evening gowns. What has been your experience on shorter Celebrity cruises?

This is a girls (older girls) only celebration of a friend's 60th birthday--have you used the in-room service for flowers, wine, etc.? We are all in SSs and plan to have a small party insuite. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any advice,

Bettie

Hi Bettie,

You will see both long gowns and cocktail dresses so either will be fine.

Since you are in Sky Suites, just ask your butler to arrange a little party for you. He'll be happy to take care of it for you. They have very nice flowers on board and you really don't need to order them beforehand but since you are on a short cruise I think I would pre-order them through Celebrity's website.

Hope you have a wonderful time with "the girls".

Hi Bettie,

You will see both long gowns and cocktail dresses so either will be fine.

Since you are in Sky Suites, just ask your butler to arrange a little party for you. He'll be happy to take care of it for you. They have very nice flowers on board and you really don't need to order them beforehand but since you are on a short cruise I think I would pre-order them through Celebrity's website.

Hope you have a wonderful time with "the girls".

Thank you so much--happy to hear that cocktail will be ok. We are really quite excited about sailing on Celebrity. My concern for packing on this trip is that I will be in meetings in Orlando from 2/24 through 2/27 and am trying to not board the ship with a suitcase large enough for a 10-12 nighter.

No, Captain Rockstar (Niklolas Pagonis) was always around, which I found very refreshing. We ran into him several times during the cruise, and he was a wonderful guy, very proud of Celebrity and his ship.

jt & Ma Bell: Thanks--here I was thinking he was some wonderful piano player or entertainer. How stupid would I look running from lounge to lounge looking for Captain Rockstar:rolleyes: ? If I happen to run into him, does he answer to his nickname?:)

I think it is wonderful when you see the Captain out and about mingling with the people. Adds a special touch to the cruise although from what I have read here Celebrity doesn't need much in the way of special touches--sounds pretty special in and of itself.

Archived