Alcohol on airlines

I always take it on my carry on after the cruises and have never had a problem.If you are putting it in checked baggage I would bring some bubble wrap and make sure it is sealed in some kind of large baggie in case it breaks.

Honestly, it is safer to pack it in an airline-approved shipping box if you want to take several bottles. For a couple, wrapping it and putting it in your carry-on is probably best. Many people do bubble wrap/ziplock and pack it in their checked bags. Usually this is fine (it is legal, to answer your actual question), BUT we have read several stories on these boards where an accident has occured and everything in your suitcase (and sometimes suitcases nearby) is soaked. Plus, with the extreme security these days, if your suitcase is opened and checked, do not count on the TSA inspector putting your wine back in its wrapping or burying it back in the middle of the bag. Just food for thought, so to speak.

beachchick

Archived