Diamond Aft Cabin A746 Question

clueless2

We are booked in aft cabin A746 on the Diamond for an Alaskan cruise in May.

We had an aft cabin on the Grand this November and loved it.

Just wondering if there are any specific negatives on A746 that should make us reconsider and change to a port or starboard cabin?

I keep reading about smell and noise from a vent on aft balconies on the Diamond and I was just wondering if that is something we need to consider on the specific balcony?

Can anyone who has actually cruised in the cabin before shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

Clueless, I went to the Diamond rolls area and put in a search for your cabin number. That didn't turn up anything but putting in Aft Cabin Diamond princess came up with some info.

On this roll call post #218 the person is saying how wonderful the Aft Cabin on Aloha deck is . Hope this puts your mind at ease.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8133459&highlight=Diamond+Aft+Cabin#post8133459

Dianne

I had A746 on Sapphire and loved it. Too bad Princess missed the boat about these cabins on all other Grand-class ships and made them oceanview portholes instead. Loved the extra deep balcony, and the location right beside the Terrace pool. It was almost like having our own private pool there, since it wasn't used very much. Easy walk out the door, up the stairs and into Horizon court. As soon as I boarded, I went out to the pool and grabbed a lounger for the balcony. If you don't have one on your balcony, I suggest doing that. As you can see in the pic below, it fits across the depth of the balcony fully reclined, and my wife had several naps out there.

Didn't notice any strange odours from any vents. Can't recall any vents up there. You do see the exhaust from the ship's funnel but it doesn't swirl down to the aft of the ship and you don't smell it.

A746view.jpg

I had A746 on Sapphire and loved it. Too bad Princess missed the boat about these cabins on all other Grand-class ships and made them oceanview portholes instead. Loved the extra deep balcony, and the location right beside the Terrace pool. It was almost like having our own private pool there, since it wasn't used very much. Easy walk out the door, up the stairs and into Horizon court. As soon as I boarded, I went out to the pool and grabbed a lounger for the balcony. If you don't have one on your balcony, I suggest doing that. As you can see in the pic below, it fits across the depth of the balcony fully reclined, and my wife had several naps out there.

Didn't notice any strange odours from any vents. Can't recall any vents up there. You do see the exhaust from the ship's funnel but it doesn't swirl down to the aft of the ship and you don't smell it.

Thanks for the info... I think the complaints of "smelly vents" were from other decks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue on Aloha.

Archived