Rockland Bird Sanctuary

eandme

Just wondering if anyone has done the Rockland Bird Sanctuary/Dr.'s cave beach with A-Z planners. How is the road up to the sanctuary? Was the bird viewing up there worth it? How was your guide? Did you stop for lunch? How long did you have at the beach? Any info on this excursion would be welcome. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

we have done rodkland bird sanctuary three or four times, but not with A-z. the place where it is at is at the top of a very steep hill(mountain?). our guide had a 4 wheel drive van, so it wasn't a problem getting to it. The bird sanctuary is always one of our trip highlights..... you can see some of my pics of the bird sanctuary at: http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com

(look for the folder marked rockland bird factory.)

• 2 weeks later...

We did this with A-Z last april. Really enjoyed it. Went to bird sanctuary, then stopped at a no pressure mall and shopped then went to the pork pit for lunch. (this was not included). Was on the way to Dr Caves beach but we were tired and asked to go back to the ship. Mark was our guide and he was very nice and drove us around a little longer to see parts of Mo Bay we hadn't been to and then dropped us at the ship. We would have had about 3 hours at the beach but this would depend on how long your shop.

Bird sanctuary is cool. Not something I would do again but was worth seeing at least once. How often can you have a bird sit on your finger and drink from a bottle?

We are going back in April and look forward to using A-Z and will ask for Mark again.

Diane

Thank you Oldmedic and Endi for your comments about Rockland and A-Z. My DH and my friend's DH are both pretty serious birders and I'm sure they'll enjoy this, and then my DF and myself can also enjoy the beach ( everybody better be happy!) This is our first trip to Jamaica and I just wanted to make sure the tour was safe and worth taking. We are in Texas now (visiting our son for Christmas) and the cruise is coming up soon so I am getting pretty excited. Wendy

Archived