Confirmed Dining Room Seating

Fresh Flowers

Special VIP Debarkation Procedures

Special VIP Debarkation Lounge

Pillows A La Carte Menu

Initial Stateroom Beverage Setup

Explorations Café Coffee Card

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Well, this is a new one on me. Wonder how long this package has been sold. In other words, many of the amenities of booking and paying for an S suite are now being sold to all other suite categories for what seems to be a much lesser amount than what the S pax are paying. The price of the package is based on the length of cruise evidently so a 7 dayer would be less than what OP is quoting for 2 wks. Granted it does not include the Neptune Lounge. I'm wondering what the VIP Debarkation Lounge is.

There is also a Suite ELITE package for Deluxe Verandah Suite pax to purchase. I wonder how they are going to guarantee everyone their Dining Table of choice?

Suite Elite Package (for deluxe verandah suites only) includes:

Access to Hydro Pool and Thermal Suite

Initial Suite Beverage Setup

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Culinary Art Center Class

Premium Wine Tasting

Internet Card for 100 minutes

Confirmed Dining Room Table of choice

Daily Turndown Truffles

Deluxe Flower Arrangement

There is also a Suite ELITE package for Deluxe Verandah Suite pax to purchase. I wonder how they are going to guarantee everyone their Dining Table of choice?

Suite Elite Package (for deluxe verandah suites only) includes:

Access to Hydro Pool and Thermal Suite

Initial Suite Beverage Setup

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Culinary Art Center Class

Premium Wine Tasting

Internet Card for 100 minutes

Confirmed Dining Room Table of choice

Daily Turndown Truffles

Deluxe Flower Arrangement

I am confused. So now there are two new packages. Some things in the "Suite Amenities" package (for non-deluxe folks) are already INCLUDED in my S-suite, right? But others are not, and so they are repeated above in the "Suite Elite" package.

But weren't some of the things in the above "Suite Elite" package already included in my S-suite? Like flowers, and daily turndown truffles?

What are the rest of them? Specifically, and point by point:

What's an "initial beverage setup"?

What exactly IS a "confirmed dining room table of choice" if you're on the AYW plan?

Does it GUARANTEE space in the Culinary Class that you otherwise have to take your chances on getting? Or can you pretty much have guaranteed access if you sign up with the concierge the day of boarding?

Why would you need a coffee card if you already get free unlimited coffee in the Neptune Lounge?

Does my bathrobe already come with a monogram, since I'm in an S-suite and that particular amenity was listed only in the non-deluxe "Suite Amenities" program? And if so, do I get to keep it, or do they rip out the monogram at the end of my stay and embroider a new one for the next guest??

It would seem that getting an SS and buying this package would be a much better deal then getting a deluxe suite, depending on what your opinion is of the Neptune Lounge. In fact, you get more with the initial bar setup, a bathrobe and a dinner at the Pinnacle. I'm not sure if the Deluxe Suites have a pillow menu or if the pillows are already in the room.

Although the price difference on our 17 day cruise coming up is about $1000 per person more for a DS then a SS, it still looks to be about a difference in price of $1500 for just the use of the lounge. That's kind of annoying. There are other cruises out there where the price difference is significantly more then that.

I am confused. So now there are two new packages. Some things in the "Suite Amenities" package (for non-deluxe folks) are already INCLUDED in my S-suite, right? But others are not, and so they are repeated above in the "Suite Elite" package. Right

But weren't some of the things in the above "Suite Elite" package already included in my S-suite? Like flowers, and daily turndown truffles? Now they will be 'Deluxe' Flowers and I guess a truffle versus a chocolate mint. LOL.

What are the rest of them? Specifically, and point by point:

What's an "initial beverage setup"? Have no idea

What exactly IS a "confirmed dining room table of choice" if you're on the AYW plan? I guess you will be able to have an exact table reserved for you at the time of your choice? Interesting how that will work. They'll hold the table for you all evening??

Does it GUARANTEE space in the Culinary Class that you otherwise have to take your chances on getting? Or can you pretty much have guaranteed access if you sign up with the concierge the day of boarding? I guess you're guaranteed.

Why would you need a coffee card if you already get free unlimited coffee in the Neptune Lounge? The Explorations Cafe coffee menu is like Starbucks. Neptune does not have the frou-frou coffee drinks.

Does my bathrobe already come with a monogram, since I'm in an S-suite and that particular amenity was listed only in the non-deluxe "Suite Amenities" program? And if so, do I get to keep it, or do they rip out the monogram at the end of my stay and embroider a new one for the next guest??

S suite bathrooms are not currently monogrammed and you do not keep them. Have no idea why the non-S package includes a bathrobe and the S package does not.

Well, this is a new one on me. Wonder how long this package has been sold. In other words, many of the amenities of booking and paying for an S suite are now being sold to all other suite categories for what seems to be a much lesser amount than what the S pax are paying. The price of the package is based on the length of cruise evidently so a 7 dayer would be less than what OP is quoting for 2 wks. Granted it does not include the Neptune Lounge. I'm wondering what the VIP Debarkation Lounge is.

This just doesn't sound like HAL. Sure this isn't a "suite ammenities package" for another cruise line?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Although the price difference on our 17 day cruise coming up is about $1000 per person more for a DS then a SS, it still looks to be about a difference in price of $1500 for just the use of the lounge. That's kind of annoying. There are other cruises out there where the price difference is significantly more then that.
Don't under-estimate though the value of Neptune Lounge privileges. I always say, it's not the use of the lounge, per se, that is valuable ... rather it's the use of the concierge to do your bidding for you. Granted some people (like myself) wouldn't have much use for him, but those traveling together with friends and family could really make use of that concierge for stuff like setting up suite parties, making sure dining arrangements are properly set up, etc.

That concierge privilege alone is worth the extra money, in my opinion ... and people using this "Deluxe Suite Package" don't get that ... not unless they are in a qualifying suite.

Blue skies ...

--rita

It would seem that getting an SS and buying this package would be a much better deal then getting a deluxe suite, depending on what your opinion is of the Neptune Lounge. In fact, you get more with the initial bar setup, a bathrobe and a dinner at the Pinnacle. I'm not sure if the Deluxe Suites have a pillow menu or if the pillows are already in the room.

Sounds to me like HAL shot themselves in the foot with this. Lots of people who previously booked the luxury suites are now gonna take a look at this package and figure it is a better deal to just book another, lower category of suite, and then get this package.

If HAL has any brains, they'd better give everyone in a luxury suite all of these same ammenities and then some.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I am really confused by this. Is the ultimate aim, perhaps, to gradually REMOVE some of the current suite amenities? I don't have a problem with being able to purchase extra amenities if you aren't in a suite, but it seems strange that some of the things you pay extra for would already be included if you had a suite. I'm not getting it. :confused:

I guess the main thing I'm seeing that basically duplicates current amenities is a deluxe flower arrangement and a truffle; otherwise, many of these things could be purchased ala carte or arranged through NL if you were in a suite. Maybe there is a niche for this, but I'm not seeing it. I would like staying in an SS or VA and being able to have some of what's available, but I guess it would really depend on the price because not everything on the list would be of interest to us. So, am I correct that a VA or an SS would be eligible - or would it only apply to SS, and therefore only to Vistas?

It'll be interesting to hear from people who have used these packages what they thought of them. When did these become available? Anyone heard of them or used them on a recent HAL cruise???

Wow, learn something new every day.

Thanks ya'll and anyone who has more insight!

Susan

This suite package concerns me a bit.

How do this work out logistically, I wonder. Will the Neptune Lounge concierges take care of the extra requests/services?

I purchased a deluxe verandah suite on the Noordam for 2 reasons:

1. Suite perks

2. Larger cabin

3. Suite perks (I do love my perks:) )

I am very willing to spend more money on a cruise for these reasons.

But, I have to wonder, does having the suite package for sale now diminish my on-board experience?

My personal feeling is that I will not be so willing to spend the big bucks on the next cruise.

By not confirming anyone else until all the deluxe verandah suites have been sold and dining arrangements for them and anyone else who purchased the suite ammenities upgrade have been set and confirmed. No one other than those passengers (and perhaps people traveling with large groups) will have their dining arrangements confirmed until they are onboard. If there is no room left in your preferred time for dining, you'll just get corraled into As You Wish ... whether you "wish" it or not. My guess is just about everyone not in some sort of suite will be dining in As You Wish.

Blue skies ...

--rita

How do this work out logistically, I wonder. Will the Neptune Lounge concierges take care of the extra requests/services?

I don't think the Neptune Lounge is one of the "perks" offered in this suite ammenities package. Either you have a qualifying suite or you don't get to use the Neptune Lounge. So, the offering of these packages doesn't affect the workloads of the Neptune Lounge concierges. They still have the same number of suites to service. These packages don't increase that at all.

Sounds to me like HAL is gonna keep access to the Neptune Lounge available only to the folks in the deluxe suites. They're not gonna "sell" it to others.

Blue skies ...

--rita

By not confirming anyone else until all the deluxe verandah suites have been sold and dining arrangements for them and anyone else who purchased the suite ammenities upgrade have been set and confirmed. No one other than those passengers (and perhaps people traveling with large groups) will have their dining arrangements confirmed until they are onboard. If there is no room left in your preferred time for dining, you'll just get corraled into As You Wish ... whether you "wish" it or not. My guess is just about everyone not in some sort of suite will be dining in As You Wish.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Again, all roads lead to the dining room. Bummer! When we had a suite in September, I do not think these programs were available. I really do wonder now if the only way to get our dining preference is going to be to get suites or buy these packages - it kinda irritates me, honestly. Why shouldn't someone who books a cabin early, regardless of category, not get their dining preference? And, I say this as someone who books relatively LATE and might not always get mine!!! I swear I'm starting to believe in conspiracies. Introduce AYW, then make $$$ because folks will pay extra to get their preference...

I missed HAL and was looking forward to another cruise. Now, I am a little worried.

Susan

I purchased a deluxe verandah suite on the Noordam for 2 reasons:

1. Suite perks

2. Larger cabin

3. Suite perks (I do love my perks:) )

I am very willing to spend more money on a cruise for these reasons.

But, I have to wonder, does having the suite package for sale now diminish my on-board experience?

My personal feeling is that I will not be so willing to spend the big bucks on the next cruise.

I fundamentally agree, though in a slightly different order of preference. My primary reason for selecting for the deluxe verandah suite when I cruise is the larger cabin and verandah. Cabins of 500 to 600 square feet are wonderful! Next (and only after my first Neptune Lounge experience), I factor in the benefits that come with the Lounge -- especially the concierge, who really know their job and work wonders to get you the preferred table you want or to even make dining recommendations and reservations at ports. The instant availability of the espresso/cappuccino coffee and fruit, juice and rolls in the early morning are a godsend. Third ... the free (and expedited) laundry, cleaning and pressing. We use it every day. We also get the 5:00 p.m. hors d'oeuvers every evening. Nice to wind down with a cocktail and nibbles at day's end. Monogrammed bathrobe, Explorations Cafe card, bar set ups, etc., are OK, but without the larger cabin and Neptune perks, it wouldn't be worth an extra $500 bucks to me.

This reminds me of Celebrity when they launched their Concierge Class. The people who booked those rooms actually had (and still have) more perks then those who book suites. Their rationale is that people book suites for the room, while those that book CC rooms are booking for the perks. However they market this room as for people who want a taste of a suite, even though the suites don't get all that Concierge Class rooms get.

The problem with this for HAL is that their suites aren't as well laid out as Celebrity's. They way this package is set up is that the those in Superior Suites will get more then those in Deluxe Suites (minus Neptune Lounge). Deluxe Suites can get more perks, but what's the point? I like perks, so that's why I like to get Deluxe Suites, the extra package that is offered is nothing more then a few things bundled together that you can get while onboard. There is no exclusiveness that some people look for when they book a suite, or at least the exclusiveness has been somewhat compromised by offering the same perks in a lesser suite.

Archived