Biodegradable Sunscreen

dakota57

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask but I'll give if a try..

Can someone recommend some Biodegrable Sunscreens & where you purchased it from?

TIA!!! :)

I only been able to find this type of sunscreen via the internet. Try posting your question in the Scuba/snorkeling board.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask but I'll give if a try..

Can someone recommend some Biodegrable Sunscreens & where you purchased it from?

TIA!!! :)

TIA, :D A biodegradable sunscreen? WHAT? Are you on this 'carbon footprint' myth? You want your sunscreen to bio-degrade? What about your personal carbon footprint, what about the CO2 released by your car or plane getting to your cruise ship? What about the gallons of fuel used per minute to ferry you around the world and the climate changing/global warming/carbon emissive mythical factors of your trip? Are you thinking properly as a responsible human being?

:p Ha!Ha! Got you! Cruise on, right thinking sentient being and bug*er the ne'r do wells, cruise to your hearts content, use cooking oil like the rest!:cool:

Pete

TIA, :D A biodegradable sunscreen? WHAT? Are you on this 'carbon footprint' myth? You want your sunscreen to bio-degrade? What about your personal carbon footprint, what about the CO2 released by your car or plane getting to your cruise ship? What about the gallons of fuel used per minute to ferry you around the world and the climate changing/global warming/carbon emissive mythical factors of your trip? Are you thinking properly as a responsible human being?

:p Ha!Ha! Got you! Cruise on, right thinking sentient being and bug*er the ne'r do wells, cruise to your hearts content, use cooking oil like the rest!:cool:

Pete

Here is a little education for you. There are locations through out the world that if you want to snorkel in their national parks like Xel-Ha & Xcaret, or places like Cozumel Cancun, (coral reefs) you need to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect the environment from the harsh chemicals/ingredients found in normal sunscreen products.

Here is a little education for you. There are locations through out the world that if you want to snorkel in their national parks like Xel-Ha & Xcaret, or places like Cozumel Cancun, (coral reefs) you need to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect the environment from the harsh chemicals/ingredients found in normal sunscreen products.

I was thinking the exact same thing. You are not even allowed to enjoy those parks unless you use bio-degradable sunscreen.

To the OP -- I have purchased my bio-degradable sunscreen upon arrival at those eco-parks. If you are headed to one, they will sell it there. The one I purchased was by Caribbean Sol Natural.

One of the big conscerns with regular suncreen in the use of titamium dioxide nanoparticles. Remember the white stripes on sunscreen on their noses that lifeguards wore? - well by making those titanium dioxide particles into nanoparticles (clusters of just a few to a couple of hundered atoms), they don't appear white on the skin anymore. So lots of sunscreens are now using titanium dioxide nanoparticles. While titanium dioxide itself is not harmful, the nanoparticles have very different properties. No environmental impact has been done on these particles, so it's very important for ecoparks to insist on biological sunscreen to minimize any unintended effects.

Archived