What's the scoop on Carnival's Cruise Ship Fun Dollars?

HappyPappe

• 4 weeks later...

I just spoke with Carnival about the $200.00 fun ship dollars I have and they told me you need to mail them in to Carnival at least 2 weeks before your cruise so they can be applied to your sign and sail account. I said so if I bring these on board they won't apply them to my account and she said correct. If you bring them on board they will be useless. I have used these fun ship dollars on every cruise I been on and have never had to mail them in so I assume this is a new policy. Had I not been calling on another question I would have never known this. Has anyone else been told this?

I have had no trouble bringing them on board and using them on my sign and sail acct. When you recieve the dollars from carvinal, there is a note with them saying they can be brought on board and turned in at the pursers desk for credit. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Last cruise I bought lots for gifts through the year for the group of 8 of us on the sailing. They all used theres on the ship with no trouble.

I thinkt the only time you need to send them in is if you want them to be used as payment on the actual cruise cost itself.

I just spoke with Carnival about the $200.00 fun ship dollars I have and they told me you need to mail them in to Carnival at least 2 weeks before your cruise so they can be applied to your sign and sail account. I said so if I bring these on board they won't apply them to my account and she said correct. If you bring them on board they will be useless. I have used these fun ship dollars on every cruise I been on and have never had to mail them in so I assume this is a new policy. Had I not been calling on another question I would have never known this. Has anyone else been told this?

I'd call and aske to speak to someone else. I don't think that is true. I thought the mailing issue is only (as another posted stated) when you are applying them as payment for the cruise.

Yes they give you a check before you get off the ship for the remaining balance...:)

Thanks! My mother-in-law was unusually generous this year. We had asked for onboard credit and she went over and above what I expected :)

I just mailed the same thing to Carnival Certified mail. (It was a xmas gift) and it stated that it had to be mailed in order to use!

Good Luck

I just mailed the same thing to Carnival Certified mail. (It was a xmas gift) and it stated that it had to be mailed in order to use!

Good Luck

We were told the same thing - I had given a friend some Funship dollars right before her cruise - she didn't have time to mail them in - Carnival told her they would have to be applied to her next cruise. Well....based on comments we saw here, she took them with her and had no problem having them applied to her account on THAT cruise - this was just last month on the Miracle.

I see on there where it says to mail them in, but we have always carried them onboard and had them applied to our accounts (at the Purser's desk). Will be doing it again next weekend too! :D

OHHH, lucky, lucky, you. Have a wonderful cruise

If you have time to mail them before your crusie, then I would do it that way. I took mine on the Pride in February, based on what I had read on CC. They would NOT accept them. I tried everything I could think of to pursuede them to accept it. NO LUCK! I even brought them back when someone new was at the purser's desk. They all turned over the certificate to show me it was supposed to be mailed. If you are counting on this money, then I wouldn't risk taking them on with you. Fortunately, I leave on the Triumph on Feb. 23rd and will use it then. I mailed it in three months ago, and called after the USPS said it had been delivered. I think it cost me $3.00 to mail it. The customer service agent said it had received the cert. and it had been applied to my account. Very easy! I would just make sure to keep a copy of everything you mail in. Including a copy of the front and back of the certicicate. Of course I think I am the ONLY one who has had a problem using them once on the ship. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Archived