Received tickets no cabin number

Kezzie81

Hi CC'ers,

can any one advise if it is normal to receive your tickets with no cabin number assigned? I was told the cabin number would be on out tickets. I have also checked the P&O personaliser and it too is blank.

Kerry

Hi CC'ers,

can any one advise if it is normal to receive your tickets with no cabin number assigned? I was told the cabin number would be on out tickets. I have also checked the P&O personaliser and it too is blank.

Kerry

Have you checked the cruise personaliser it usually has it on there if not you may be in for an upgrade( maybe) They might be still shuffleing rooms around

Icy

I think they somtimes do this to make sure they can fit everybody in the right cabins,4 berth twin,queen ect.On my last cruise we also didnt have a cabin # on our tickets and a few days b4 we left or maybe nearly a week,the C/P showed up our cabin # and upgrade to a window instead of inside :D When do you leave? Maybe its totally full or quite empty? but if you have your tickets now its proberbley for school holidays so it might be full.

Den

We leave 12 Jan. The TA did tell us that we might get upgraded but seeing we got the cruise so cheap we really thought we would only get the grade we paid for.

Kezzie i got a real cheap cruise on Feb2 Pacific sun from Brissy. Originally it was t grade inside but I have now been upgraded to cabin with porthole (chez's old cabin the one with the ghost in !!) Single occupancy for $1200 which was a bargin I was happy go to go with inside but the upgrade was more than Welcome!:D

We leave 12 Jan. The TA did tell us that we might get upgraded but seeing we got the cruise so cheap we really thought we would only get the grade we paid for.

When a T/A tells you that you may get an upgrade they are usually right!

Even though you may request a certain type of cabin,The T/A does'nt always request it,this is so that if there is a posibility of upgrade then cruisers with no special requests such as rooms together queen or singles only, can be upgraded. If you are two traveling then instead of a twin they can put you in a better positioned cabin for 4 people with the top bunks folded away.Hope you get an upgrade :D What type of cabin did you book? and how many in the cabin?

Den.

When a T/A tells you that you may get an upgrade they are usually right!

Even though you may request a certain type of cabin,The T/A does'nt always request it,this is so that if there is a posibility of upgrade then cruisers with no special requests such as rooms together queen or singles only, can be upgraded. If you are two traveling then instead of a twin they can put you in a better positioned cabin for 4 people with the top bunks folded away.Hope you get an upgrade :D What type of cabin did you book? and how many in the cabin?

Den.

We booked an inside 4 berth cabin as it was super super cheap and there are 3 of us travelling. A window would be great, but we are happy with P grade. I think the boys will eat more than we paid for the entire 7 nights.

Kerry

Hi, this happened to us too when we went on the Sun in October. We visited the cruise personaliser site on the P&O site each day and about a week or so before the departure date, we found we had been upgraded from T grade to a queen room with window..!! Good luck and fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone. I checked again today and it has been up dated. No upgrade but there was a mistake. They have placed us in a twin cabin but there are 4 of us.

I have spoken to my T/A and he advise he will fix it and get back to me.

Oh well better now than on 12 Jan!!!

Kerry

Thanks everyone. I checked again today and it has been up dated. No upgrade but there was a mistake. They have placed us in a twin cabin but there are 4 of us.

I have spoken to my T/A and he advise he will fix it and get back to me.

Oh well better now than on 12 Jan!!!

Kerry

If its a twin with a window you can make the boys sleep on the floor:D :D

Hi, I went on a cruise in june this year with no cabin number when I got to the ship they gave me a number went to my cabin some one else was there after about 3 hours I got one cabin.

I'm going on a christmas and new year cruise on the 20th dec and I have a cabin number.

Hi, I went on a cruise in june this year with no cabin number when I got to the ship they gave me a number went to my cabin some one else was there after about 3 hours I got one cabin.

I'm going on a christmas and new year cruise on the 20th dec and I have a cabin number.

Thats a classic! What a way to start a cruise:mad: Did you miss sail away?

I would have demanded 3 hours worth of onboard credit to catch up with the sail away drunks :D

Den.

Well the 2 people that was in my cabin would not move, so went to see about it, and I said if they won't move put me in there cabin but no, because it was one deck up I thought it would be nice to be up graded for once, 14 cruise I'v been on and never up graded.

When we sailed on the Pacific Sun in 2005, we did a 10 day pacific cruise and paid the RUN OF SHIP price, meaning you had no choice of cabin except to say we paid extra for an outside cabin. tickets were around 1600 AUD each. Well to our suprise we were on deck seven mid ship port side and to top it off we had a nice room with queen bed and no bunk beds on the walls. I have to say it was great. We did not get our cabin number until we boarded and it worked out fantastic.

Archived