Will it be a rough passage for the QV (and the QE2)?

EMSOMICH

If the weather is anything like it is to-day and is forecast for to-morrow, get the seasick pills ready!

It is wet, windy and the sea is very rough. The forecast for Friday is slightly better - colder and showers. Last night the wind was very strong but it has eased somewhat now. Haven't heard the forecast for next week yet.

I imagine the QE2 will have a rough passage in and out but she can stand it.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I've been wondering the same thing! :o

Just had a look at the long range forecast for Southmpton on the 11th and the wind speed looks like it might drop a little, so hopefully that will help... though again it look like it will be a soggy send off!!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

Which leads me to the question, why showcase a new ship in the UK in December when the weather is generally pants? :confused: Why not June/July when there's a slightly better chance of some nicer weather!? :confused:

I have the old Sturgeron tablets at the ready! See you on board!!

Regards

Karen

PS I think you and Gavboy better hang on tight on Friday on Sheildhall, just seen high wind speeds!!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=southampton

If the weather is anything like it is to-day and is forecast for to-morrow, get the seasick pills ready!

It is wet, windy and the sea is very rough. The forecast for Friday is slightly better - colder and showers. Last night the wind was very strong but it has eased somewhat now. Haven't heard the forecast for next week yet.

I imagine the QE2 will have a rough passage in and out but she can stand it.

Maureen

Thanks EMSOMICH I am looking forward to joining QE2 tomorrow I hope it's not too rough, but i have the tablets and bands ready just in case.

Lots of plates flying off tables (and out of waiter stations) at dinner last night:) , and the noise in the Lido at lunch time when everything slid sideways was quite something. :eek: (several people came out wearing their food - there were also some injuries, but I believe they were minor)

I spent most of dinner ready to catch plate, water glass and wine glass every time the ship started to tilt (and watching those of my neighbours with concern:eek: )

We also had 3 warnings from the bridge about making sure we held on while moving around the ship. (We were also asked, in the morning, not to use the decks - this was ignored by many, and by lunch had been modified to take care!) - I spent many minutes looking at walls I had intended to walk round, waiting to be able to get back 'up the hill':D Packing was interesting!

All in all not a good time to do a water tight door test on decks 5,6,7 & 8 (several first timers, not hearing it was a drill, reportedly actually tried on their life jackets - but they did not leave the cabin with them on:) )

Depressed of (ex) QE2 cabin 4240

Lots of plates flying off tables (and out of waiter stations) at dinner last night:) , and the noise in the Lido at lunch time when everything slid sideways was quite something. :eek: (several people came out wearing their food - there were also some injuries, but I believe they were minor)

Hi Karen,

sounds fantastic. I watched the web cam for a bit but it's always difficult to get a proper idea of the sea state on there.

Jimmy

Isn't there a shot for sea sickness to get on board that is suppose to be very good? I don't know what it is or how much it costs, however. We didn't need anything like that on QM2 but Miss Vicki may be a different story.

Sirius,

It was probably Compazine or Phenegan. It is prob pretty pricey on a ship, but I'm glad it's available if someone needs it.

denise

Archived