Need Help!!! Your expertise, please! So. Carib on Serenade with 14 month old.

sas80

RCCL is having a sale. We booked a 7 night So. Carib route out of San Juan. It will be DH, DS (14 months) and I.

I am peusing shore excursions right now (don't tell my boss!) and the ones I would like to do (St. Johns eco hike, for example) the minimum age to participate is 8 years old....!

I dont understand, we will be carrying DS...why cant he participate?

Anyways, I need input from everyone.... What did you do in any of the following ports of call?

St. Thomas

St. Maarten

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

and we would also like to make the most of our day in San Juan... Tour the fort, grab some lunch, etc. Anyone have any input there?

Thanks in advance, we really appreciate it!

I tried posting a long response to you but the boards went haywire and it got lost:rolleyes:

What I tried to say is I didn't want to ask on the other board if you were bringing your little one with you and so listed excursions geared towards everybody, sorry.

In St. Thomas, you might look and see if you can find an independent operator for the eco-hike so you can still enjoy it. Otherwise, with the time you have in St. Thomas you could definitely go to St. John on your own and either go to Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay.

In St. Maarten, the America's Cup Regatta is only through the cruiseline and does have a minimum age limit so it wouldn't work for your family, sorry. But I think there is a good zipline there if that interests you, in addition to the beaches.

In Antigua, Eli's Eco Tour could probably still work for your family especially since you seem to be interested in hiking. What I loved about it is that you could participate in each activity as much or as little as you liked and still not feel left out either way. A friend also did a hike in Antigua and really enjoyed it, but it was through the ship and so would probably have the minimum age limits again. We've also just taken a taxi to a beach which we really enjoyed as well.

I always copy my post if it is long before I submit just in case. Anyway we always do everything on our own using taxis.

In St. Maarten I suggest the zoo:

http://sxmzoo.networkidl.net/

In St. Thomas I suggest Coral World:

http://www.coralworldvi.com/

Because of the time we are going to be in San Juan we were just going to walk around a bit and not really plan anything so I can't help you out there and I haven't been to any of the other ports.

Thank you!!! I appreciate all the info and I am looking into everything you have recommended.

We will be bringing DS with us....CPS says we're not allowed to leave him in the room alone...anymore..... :D

If you think of anything else, please post, I appreciate it!

We will be bringing DS with us....CPS says we're not allowed to leave him in the room alone...anymore..... :D

You may not be able to leave him in the room, but you could always leave him in your lounge chairs by the pool to reserve your chairs for when you get back to the ship.;)

You may not be able to leave him in the room, but you could always leave him in your lounge chairs by the pool to reserve your chairs for when you get back to the ship.;)

LOL, Nice!!! :D

He's kinda a flirt tho....I'd be afraid he would pick up on some MILF's or something......:cool:

I don't know if you've seen this Live from thread on the RCCL board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=668621 This guy is currently onboard and is giving some pretty great updates including what the menus are each night, entertainment, etc. He's included some pretty good descriptions (so far) of the excursions he's doing so you might read it to get some ideas.

I don't know if you've seen this Live from thread on the RCCL board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=668621 This guy is currently onboard and is giving some pretty great updates including what the menus are each night, entertainment, etc. He's included some pretty good descriptions (so far) of the excursions he's doing so you might read it to get some ideas.

Thank you!

I just finished reading his review of Eli's Eco Tour (one that we are considering)

It was good to find out that Antigua is Caribbean night.

I will keep checking back for more updates!

Thanks again!

Archived