Zip Line Tour with Oscar Brown. Brilliance, Feb 05

Ronn452

I have been in contact with Mr. Brown to conduct a tour on 3 March 2005 that will include zip-lining through the rain forest. He has a van that accommodates up to 14 passengers. If anyone is sailing on the 25 February 2005 cruise of the Brilliance of the Seas is interested, let me know and I will include you with the group. The cost per his e-mail of yesterday is $70.00 per person.

From prior postings, this is a great trip and Mr. Brown makes it a memorable experience.

Captain Ronn

What is a Zip Line tour? Has anyone done the Rainforest Tram ? We are wondreing if Oscar would be better. We are on the Brilliance leaving Miami on January 14th. If we decide on Oscar would anyone be interested? We are age 57 and 62 if age matters.

• 2 weeks later...
What is a Zip Line tour? Has anyone done the Rainforest Tram ? We are wondreing if Oscar would be better. We are on the Brilliance leaving Miami on January 14th. If we decide on Oscar would anyone be interested? We are age 57 and 62 if age matters.

Hi Jande-We will be on the same cruise. We are thinking of doing the Canal Tour with Oscar. Go check the Meet & Mingle Forum under Brilliance Of The Seas 1/14/05 Panama Canal Cruise Roll Call. We have a wonderful group of people posting with great ideas. I'm traveling with a group of 4 couples, most of them in same age group as you. :cool:

Eleanor

Brilliance January 14, 2005

The zipline costs in February 2004 was $40 paid to Almonds and Corals. We paid Oscar separately. When I first contacted him he gave us a price that included the zipline. I would think that he is still doing the same, so yes the zipline price would be in your $70.00. We paid cash for our tour to Almonds and Corals and to Oscar. Almonds and Corals will take MC & Visa. I don't think that they take Discover.

Great! Thanks for the info. I thought it might work like that. My mother will not zipline but would like to watch and I don't want her to have to pay for it if she isn't going to do it.

Thanks for the info!

Hi all!

Sorry for not responding sooner. I can access my computer in-country but not when we are out and about. It appears most questions were already answered by other posters: Thanks! Yes, the price includes the zipline. I am booking with Oscar because of the accolades he has recieved on this board; also, because he has prompltly e-mailed me twice about the tour. I look forward to traveling with him; for the ziplining and a tour of the country as he wants to show it. I hope we can get several others to go with us.

From over here!

Captain Ronn

Judy,

If you mother doesn't want to do the zipline tour Almonds and Corals does have a nature walk that they charge $10 for. I believe that is the amount. She could just walk down to the beach from the start of the zipline. The ocean there does have terrible rip tides, so she shouldn't go into the water. You can ask Oscar what else she might do while you are doing the zipline.

Colleen

Judy,

If you mother doesn't want to do the zipline tour Almonds and Corals does have a nature walk that they charge $10 for. I believe that is the amount. She could just walk down to the beach from the start of the zipline. The ocean there does have terrible rip tides, so she shouldn't go into the water. You can ask Oscar what else she might do while you are doing the zipline.

Colleen

Thanks Colleen. I e-mailed Oscar and I'm sure we can work something out looking forward to his tour.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you interested in the Zip Line tour at almonds and Corals if you can not get Oscar or he is booked up. you can contact Almonds and corals directly and they will pick you up at the pier and return you for 75$ total. It is what I am doing for my up coming visit there. My emails were answered very quickly by the lady who runs the place her name is Auroura (sp) she was very helpful and said that we would pay when we get there and they would be waiting for us. this is the web site addy is has some real nice pictures and info on it.

http://www.almendrosycorales.com/english/index_ing.html

Judy,

You will do fine, it is totally safe. I am not real fond of heights and I didn't have a problem. If you interested in buying coffee, make sure that Oscar takes you to the grocery store instead of the shops near the pier. On the old threads someone posted that the coffee is cheaper at the grocery store. I wish I was going with you.

Colleen

Archived