Egypt Visa for UK Pax

Wilba

I've asked this question before & cannot get a definitive answer either from Egyptian Embassy or MSC. With a UK passport can I get a visa on the ship or at port. I am NOT going on an organised tour, but wish to travel independently.

Has anyone first hand knowledge or experience on a recent cruise.Regards

The last time we went to Egypt, they issued a "visa", which was really nothing more than an entry stamp, in the arrivals area of Luxor airport. I think it cost a couple of quid in postage stamps.

I guess this will all be done in the Purser's office on our trip.

Looks like the beers are on you!

Thanks! I know they issue at the airports but cannot get a definite on whether the purser will issue independants. Spoke to MSC but they always put me through to Miss Clueless who reads the info straight off their website. If I dont get any positives I'll Re post on the Ask A Question board. Keep Watching.

No it clearly states a visa is required Both on MSC site & Egyptian Embassy site. MSC will issue visa's for their (rip off) tours & also so will the private tour companies issue visa's. MSC Customer Service won't commit themselves as to whether the Purser will issue for indepenents & refer you to the Egyptian Embassy website. If every tom dick & harry is issuing these things, I find it hard to believe that they are not easily obtained.

• 4 weeks later...
No it clearly states a visa is required Both on MSC site & Egyptian Embassy site. MSC will issue visa's for their (rip off) tours & also so will the private tour companies issue visa's. MSC Customer Service won't commit themselves as to whether the Purser will issue for indepenents & refer you to the Egyptian Embassy website. If every tom dick & harry is issuing these things, I find it hard to believe that they are not easily obtained.

The answer to my own question.

Just back from Musica Xmas Cruise. MSC collected all passports on the first night onboard & returned them the night before the Egypt stop, with a visa stamp next to our passport picture page. No charge, simple, but MSC Customer Service UK had no knowledge of the procedure & could only refer me to the Egyptian Embassy Website.

The answer to my own question.

Just back from Musica Xmas Cruise. MSC collected all passports on the first night onboard & returned them the night before the Egypt stop, with a visa stamp next to our passport picture page. No charge, simple, but MSC Customer Service UK had no knowledge of the procedure & could only refer me to the Egyptian Embassy Website.

i was on the xmas cruise last month on musica and ships staff did it w/no charge at all.

i was in st petersburg on rotterdam last year and the same was done. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I was on the MSC MUSICA last february, in Alexandria.

Like Ekeke888, our passeport was collected and stamped. There was no fee (contrary to what I thought).

We are from France, but I guess all EU passeports holders get the same treatment.

Jacques O.

Archived