Booked a Jr. Suite Guarantee

What are my chances for an upgrade? It's past the final payment date and the "Guarantee" just came open today for my sailing. To date, all the JR Suites were booked and only the high suites are open... hummm... Did I just get really lucky???

The wonderful Rep said my room number should be available next week.

What are my chances for an upgrade? It's past the final payment date and the "Guarantee" just came open today for my sailing. To date, all the JR Suites were booked and only the high suites are open... hummm... Did I just get really lucky???

The wonderful Rep said my room number should be available next week.

I just looked at cabin availability, and I would say SCORE!

SWEETNESS!!

Oh I hope the fairy visits me... maybe if I cross my toes and fingers it will work... or not.. ouch it kinda hurts.. lol :D

Im a TA and have WAY to much time on my hands. I looked and there is NO available JS cabins, but a lot of OS available. Like I said, SCORE!

NEATO! DH is going to flip! He and I have been reading and due to the knowledge that we gained on Cruise Critic we knew to bounce on the JS Guranatee! So THANKS to everyone!

This is soooo cool!!

So my question.. IF we get OS or higher do we get the special "suite" perks? Or since we were bumped it doesn't apply?

This is our very first cruise so I have no clue... just know I get two credits.

NEATO! DH is going to flip! He and I have been reading and due to the knowledge that we gained on Cruise Critic we knew to bounce on the JS Guranatee! So THANKS to everyone!

This is soooo cool!!

So my question.. IF we get OS or higher do we get the special "suite" perks? Or since we were bumped it doesn't apply?

YES you will get the special perks if you above a JS cat.

This is soooo cool!!

If you get upgraded to a GS or higher, yep. Enchantment has a Concierge Club on deck 8. Booking a GS or higher gives you suite perks and access. If you are Diamond or Diamond Plus, you automatically have access to the Concierge Club.

If I already booked a JS months ago, do I have a chance for an upgrade, too, or is it only for people who are booking them now?

Call RCCL or you agent and see if you can move into the GTY cat. If the cost is the same they should let you without penalty, unless the price is for new bookings only. You will only know if you call!

Call RCCL or you agent and see if you can move into the GTY cat. If the cost is the same they should let you without penalty, unless the price is for new bookings only. You will only know if you call!

YEAH, but if he already booked a JS--wouldn't that make it UNLIKELY to get bumped up to change to a JS GTY--since one is now available? I'm a newbie--color me confused. ;)

YEAH, but if he already booked a JS--wouldn't that make it UNLIKELY to get bumped up to change to a JS GTY--since one is now available? I'm a newbie--color me confused. ;)

No not really. It would put a JS back into inventory, but they wont assign cabins to JS gty folks until closer to sail date. YES if that JS does not sell someone will end up with it, but it might not be him.

When do you think they will assign the cabin? I know they have until the sailing date, but does that normally happen?

Keep looking. I've had it happen as quickly as 24 hours after booking.

When I got my upgrade to the OS, it appeared in less than 2 weeks after booking (but my sailing is not until next May).

We just did this for our 11/26 Enchantment cruise (booked a JS guarantee when all JS's were previously sold out, and ONE JS "guarantee" suddenly became available.

We were upgraded to the ROYAL FAMILY SUITE! SWEEEEEEEEET!

Our cabin was assigned within hours, keep checking your ressie online, and good luck! I think you'll score!

They want to fill the larger suites, and if people aren't willing to pay for them, they upgrade JS's alot.

I posted about our experience a few days ago, I hope my post helped you to look for JS Guarantees and pounce on it!

We just did this for our 11/26 Enchantment cruise (booked a JS guarantee when all JS's were previously sold out, and ONE JS "guarantee" suddenly became available.

We were upgraded to the ROYAL FAMILY SUITE! SWEEEEEEEEET!

Our cabin was assigned within hours, keep checking your ressie online, and good luck! I think you'll score!

They want to fill the larger suites, and if people aren't willing to pay for them, they upgrade JS's alot.

I posted about our experience a few days ago, I hope my post helped you to look for JS Guarantees and pounce on it!

Yeah, I was reading your happy story! So far, no assignment yet. No worries though... they still have the JS guarantee open so not sure... however I did search and all but 3 suites are OPEN... so I am hopeful!

Kinda worried about all the negitive posts about her and the problems... I sure hope it's not that bad.

So how was your suite?

DH is sooo happy-- we are hoping for the OS!

Archived